You can type here any text you want

Anyone changed front brake hard lines?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

I'm replacing my front hard brake lines as my original ones are rusted and will not pass this years inspection coming up in July ...

Anyway I bought the correct stainless set from Fine Lines Inc a couple of years back and been putting it off for some time, started the other day and got the driver side done without any major problems but the passanger side does not look easy to do as the line runs accross the engine cross member (in front of the engine mounts) and then up under the downpipe down and around the control arm ....

As the lines are pre bent identical to the original ones it will be a pain to route them in there as there is not enough space at all looks like ..... getting the old one out is not that hard as I can cut it if I have to but getting the new one in there might be a problem.

Anyone done this with the engine in place (if I took out the engine it would be a no brainer of course :D )

Otherwise the lines are identical and looks great, all stainless. Anyone need some I can post more detailed info what to order.

So, quick update. Managed to get the old line out, took some muscle force to get the old lines out and I also had to remove the wire harness going to the starter to access one of the bolts holding the brake line clips in place on the cross member (these are a bit hard to get to).

Getting the new line in place (it's all pre bent etc) is a challange, takes patience and also had to bend it slightly to route it the correct way .... well 2 hours later and it's in place just have to install the clips on the cross member and it's all done then new brake fluid and I'm done.

So it can be done but unless you have plenty of paitence I would not recommend doing this unless your engine is out.

As I said anyone interested where to get the lines (there's 2 different versions depending on if you have the 1st or 2nd design of the prop valve, different threads, but this can be figured out to make sure you order the right lines) let me know and I can post some more details.

wow - good work!

yes - please post more info! i may need it for future reference ;) thanks for all the info you pass along!

Back