You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever install an underhood pad on a fiberglass hood?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buicksx2

RCA: Home of the The Jack
Hi All,

Anyone ever install an underhood pad on a fiberglass hood? If so any tips? The fiberglass hood doesn't have the holes for the plastic retainers so not really sure if it can be done.

Only reason I am thinking about it is it appears that the paint on the hood is starting to check and either the paint is starting to go or the heat is causing it, so just want to try to eliminate one possiblity.

Thanks in advance.

If it's one of our hoods, there should be indentations in the bracing where you need to drill the holes. If not, just have someone hold the insulator in place so you know where to drill the holes.

If you're not concerned with original appearance Dynamat makes something called a Hoodliner. I used it on mine and it really does an excellent job at cutting down heat and noise. It's about $60 a roll through Summit. One roll pretty much covers the whole hood on our beasts. BTW It just peels and sticks.
Good luck

Back