You can type here any text you want

anyone ever seen GNX 001 ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mystic

well i just did and it was my first GNX and i just saw and drooled all over #1 ...yes thats right the original first one ....im at the Dreamcruise here in Detroit and Gm had a parking lot set up with a bunch of Hertige Cars .....there was a new camaro ,ZR1, indy pace car SS old school one and a bunch of other cars ....well in the very back corner was the poor old GNX no one really knew what the car was just looked at it and kept going ....so i decided to go over and show some interest in it ....some guy with a GN didnt even know what the car was .....

car has 4040 exact miles ...paint is in great shape needs a nice detail ...interior is clean but missing the cig lighter lol....had one of the guys pop the hood and real clean under there ....the gentleman who i was talking told me he is the one who takes the car out once a month just to get the fluids going he said car is fast but he gets to drive all the others cept for the ZR1s ....said there is a poster from back in the late 80s with a GNX smoking the tires and only thing you could see was the front half of it he said that #1 was the car that did it .....also said car has been through 3 sets of tires already hahaha ...

and before anyone asks i have pics few pics of it ....wont be back into town till tuesday but not even sure i can post the pics ....i have pics of interior , dash ,engine , exterior , even the VIN# ..

thats my story :cool:

Sweet Ride

I seen GNX #1 at the BG's in Hebron Ohio in 2007. Yeah, I instantly started dreaming:p . Looking for pics and will post if I can find them.

gnx 001

i also saw gnx 001 in ohio 2 weeks ago and it is a 1986 model with 1800 miles on it was a factory proto type.

these are 2 different cars

'86 GNX 001 at 2008 BPG in Hebron, Ohio is 1986 Regal GNX Prototype owned by Brad Conley
1986_Buick_GNX_Prototype_1000.JPG

http://www.gnxregistry.com/images/1986_Factory_GNX_Prototype_Article.jpg

'87 GNX 001 is owned by GM
youtube video -
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ODk35WnaeM[/YOUTUBE]

Actually Brett...

GM had 001 at BPG last year. it was part of their Heritage collection.

This year had Brads' Prototype.

:biggrin:

gnx 001 from the detroit autoshow a few years back:

Attachments

• DSC00186.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,368
  • DSC00187.jpg
    DSC00187.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,371
  • DSC00188.jpg
    DSC00188.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,342
  • DSC00189.jpg
    DSC00189.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,041
plaque by car at show says it was supercharged. that wasn't a sign made by gm i hope.

Gnx 001

GM has their heritage cars at Athens Coney every year for the Dream Cruise. Last year the GNX had a much more prominent spot. This year, it was pushed in the corner. In it's old spot was the new ZR1 police cruiser. I tried to talk to the dude into giving me the keys, but he wasn't having it :D

Back