You can type here any text you want

anyone ever try this exhaust system?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't think that system (non-turbo V8) will work with a turbocharged V6.

The turbo V6 brings the exhaust from both banks together, routes it through the turbocharger, goes through the catalytic convertor and then splits (y-pipe) to the rear.

The Monte Carlo SS system looks like it is designed to take the exhaust from each header individually, not from a single turbocharger outlet. For example, the system shown in the Jeg's illustration has no y-pipe.

For a good exhaust, check out ATR at http://www.atrperformance.com/index.php?cPath=1_4

I bought a 2.5" catback 10 years ago and it still looks like new. And it maintains the stock exhaust location behind the rear wheels, not out the back. Stainless steel is a wonderful thing!

Good luck,
Buzz White in Houston, TX (sumnerw@flash.net)

get the hooker catback, sell the areo chambers and get dyno max race magnums. from the looks of it i dont think it would work but if it uses a stock style Y pipe it maybe ok.. but GNs look kinda silly with the exit out the back and not the side.

just my .02 on the matter

incorrect. The SS's exhaust is just like ours cept that it goes straight out the back. Not angled behind the rear tires. The pic you see is NOT the system that is described. It even says so below the pic..
Originally posted by sumnerw
I don't think that system (non-turbo V8) will work with a turbocharged V6.

The turbo V6 brings the exhaust from both banks together, routes it through the turbocharger, goes through the catalytic convertor and then splits (y-pipe) to the rear.

The Monte Carlo SS system looks like it is designed to take the exhaust from each header individually, not from a single turbocharger outlet. For example, the system shown in the Jeg's illustration has no y-pipe.

For a good exhaust, check out ATR at http://www.atrperformance.com/index.php?cPath=1_4

I bought a 2.5" catback 10 years ago and it still looks like new. And it maintains the stock exhaust location behind the rear wheels, not out the back. Stainless steel is a wonderful thing!

Good luck,

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
get the hooker catback, sell the areo chambers and get dyno max race magnums. from the looks of it i dont think it would work but if it uses a stock style Y pipe it maybe ok.. but GNs look kinda silly with the exit out the back and not the side.

just my .02 on the matter

Why sell the areo chambers for the dyno max's????

I know it's not a good picture but I have the Dynomax system ( Monte Carlo ) on my 87 T
87 T exhaust and it fits good and sounds good. Now that said I bought it because I knew someone that could get me a great deal on it back then. I have a Hooker exhaust on my GN and would recomend it over the Walker without a question.
Hope that helps!
Dave

Frank -

My bad. Thanks for setting the record straight. I still, however, endorse the ATR exhaust system and the stock exit point.

Later,

yeah, i dont really like it exiting out the back, i perfer out the sides, i just thought it was a decent price and i always liked dynomax products.

Back