You can type here any text you want

anyone from Minnesota?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I can solve your problem-buy/trade for this;)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/231228-87-n-limited-sale-sioux-city-ia.html#post1710115

What's wrong with the car besides the turbo not spooling??? You have to be patient when looking for parts for turbo cars, especially the older ones. N/a cars are no big deal, but certain turbo specific parts won't be able to be bought over the counter. Is the actuator stuck from sitting? Have you put a vac pump to it? Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the car:biggrin:

Have a 1980MOnte Carlo factory equipted with a V6 Buick Turbo, low mileage car that needs to have the turbo taken off along with the waste gate etc. and shipped out for rebuild. Waste gate was stuck and the actuator did not react to a vacuum pump... Looking for someone to help finish taking this off. I have already started the project in my warm shop . Im in over my head. I would like to rebuild the Carb at the same time. THen of course I would need your help putting it all back together. Also need to switch out the Cat. drop me a line. cash job. I dont have any interest in hauling this to your shop...looking for a family guy needing some extra cash or a retired GM mechanic who wants to relive some hell from the '80's thanks.

I found a place that can go through the turbo and the waste gate and have some vacuum acuators on the shelf.

Attachments

• Monte1.jpg.jpg
    Monte1.jpg.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 79
How far have you gotten? I wouldn't bother witha carb rebuild unless the car runs funny AFTER you do all the vac lines and full tune up. I would be more than happy to tear into it but I'm probably at least 4 hours away. Taking the turbo off shouldn't be too terrible. The guy that put mine on only charged me 25 bucks, but I bought the turbop from him also. FIrst off, grab some pliers and see if you can get that wastegate to move. More than likely its the actuator that is bad. THat's all what was wrong with mine. If these cars sit for a while from what I've noticed the actuator takes a crap, don't know if it kills itself from the wastegate sticking or what. Don't mess wtih the carb unless it needs it. It's ok for these cars to be slightly rich!

I met a local on another forum, he came over and we got the carb and turbo torn off. Sent both out for rebuilt. I think I get it now. I did notknow the turbo twisted... I could have gotten to the other bolts. This car really came from an 83 year old woman. ALways dealer serviced so the tune up stuff is rather recent but I stil lplan on updating somethings.

thanks a ton for the info. these sites are incredibly helpful.

Back