Anyone have a chip reader?

WakkoSS

I've got an unknown chip that I just took out of my car and I'd really like to know whose it is and what it is. I've also got two chips that have been in my glovebox since I bought the car. If someone has a reader I'd like to mail them to you to check out for me and send back.

That depends on how old the chips are...back in the day, I could open a chip image and immediately know "that's a Red Armstrong chip" or "look at that! It's an ATR chip" as those guys (and others) did stuff that was unique to thier chips that allowed a hacker to easily identify them. Then in the second generation of chips, people really started figuring out what did what-to-what and they weren't so different as people quit doing stupid stuff (like zero-ing out an EGR table).

Then Thrashers came out and people found out that they could change the software and/or trick the datatables into doing different things and chips got "way out there" and it became hard for the average hacker to figure out what was "going on".

More than likely, it'll be easier to tell you A) the timing, B) the boost table, and C) the fueling at WOT...which are all more important than telling you "who" programed the chip.

JMO.

Nah, no markings on the one I just took out. Just a white label. I'd have to look at the other two, though one of em is in a Kenne Bell box.

Scott, you're right...I don't care about who made em, just what the timing is and so on. Right now they're worthless to me since they're unknown.