You can type here any text you want

Anyone have an orginal grey oil filler cap they want to sell ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

When I bought my TTA, the only thing that was not original was the grey oil filler cap.
Does anyone have one that they want to sell ???
Thanks

I'm not positive but I think the 3.0L Buicks that our heads came from have the same cap. If it's not the same it's really close. You might try GM and see if they have any left.

Did it have a breather in place of the cap? One of the common mods was to remove the oil crank case vent tube that goes from the driver side valve cover to the turbo inlet and some kits had a plug that was glued/siliconed into the valve cover to plug it up, in which case a breather cap was installed in place of the oil filler cap...with the stock cap in place there is no where for the crank case pressure to vent except out the dip stick tube or push out some gaskets.
Just want to make sure before you blow a gasket out or create some leaks.

No, the breather tube was located on the side of the drivers side valve cover and ran to the turbo. The oil filler cap was not a breather. Most people plug the vent tube hole and then use a breather/oil cap where the original oil filler cap was.

Take a walk thru any self serve junkyard.

U cant throw a dead cat without hitting a 3.0 pos somewhere lol

Grab the oil cap and go, prolly have at least 20 to choose from at any decent place.

later
Jeremy

I have one that came off of my TTA that I recently sold. Still Kicking myself for selling it but I needed a truck.. I did the breather mod and forgot to put this in the car when it was picked up. It is the original grey oil fill cap that screws on. It is in great shape with all of the writing on top still on it. You can have it for 25 bucks if you want it.

Let me know
Nick

I have one that came off of my TTA that I recently sold. Still Kicking myself for selling it but I needed a truck.. I did the breather mod and forgot to put this in the car when it was picked up. It is the original grey oil fill cap that screws on. It is in great shape with all of the writing on top still on it. You can have it for 25 bucks if you want it.

Let me know
Nick

Nick, I just sent you a PM.
Thanks

I still need one. nikk01 accidently sold it to someone else. So, if ANYONE has one for sale, please let me know.

Back