You can type here any text you want

Anyone have seal part numbers for me?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I need part numbers for the trans output shaft seal, and the pinion seal. I'm trying to place an order and they call them weird names that makes me think we're thinking of different parts. Then, when I locate what I think is the part, they start listing all SORTS of size options, confusing me even further. I didn't think there were size options on our cars. I don't believe there were different sized axles and pinions and all of this other malarky. So now, which one do I order? Anyone have any part numbers for me?

Torque converter seal? Nope. And I seen that "extension housing" (whatever the hell that is. NEVER heard it called that in my life) but I can't figure out which one is mine. How are their code options and size options? If you ordered the turbo option with our Buicks, that took out a lot of other options and put you in a very specific car. Sure you could pick interior colors, or posi option, or radio face options, but I was under the assumption if you got the turbo powerplant you got ONE engine and ONE trans and ONE type of rear end period. How are they offering options then? What if I order the wrong part? I never had to figure out options or diameters because I've never had to in the past, as I've never heard of options before. Which PART NUMBER lol.

Last edited:
Same seal and part number as on rockauto.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...se1-_-timken&gclid=CNOC57bYhc4CFQkNaQodblwKuA
Torque converter seal? Nope. And I seen that "extension housing" (whatever the hell that is. NEVER heard it called that in my life) but I can't figure out which one is mine. How are their code options and size options? If you ordered the turbo option with our Buicks, that took out a lot of other options and put you in a very specific car. Sure you could pick interior colors, or posi option, or radio face options, but I was under the assumption if you got the turbo powerplant you got ONE engine and ONE trans and ONE type of rear end period. How are they offering options then? What if I order the wrong part? I never had to figure out options or diameters because I've never had to in the past, as I've never heard of options before. Which PART NUMBER lol.

The pinion seal you asked about is that the speedometer pinion seal?

My leak is right where the driveshaft goes into my transmission snout. The torque converter is a little forward of that leak I believe. These are the seals I need right here. I have an '87 Grand National. Just like every other Grand National. I've no clue why these guys are giving extra measurements on these seals. I can't imagine these areas on our cars vary. I need part numbers because I want to buy these on Rockauto because I keep hearing all the bad stories on the lesser name seals. Everyone keeps telling me to stick to National or Timken, so I found them on Rockauto and their prices are outstanding. I just don't know which ones I need lol.
200r4.jpg
pinion.jpg

Attachments

• 200r4-front.jpg
    200r4-front.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 43
You could just go to a local transmission shop and get them. I wouldn't think the price would be much different no matter where you buy them from.

And you can take the old seals with you if you have them,so you get the right ones.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can get them tomorrow from your local transmission shop.

You could try putting your question in the "Transmission Talk" forum and maybe one of the experienced tranny vendors/mechanics would be able to help you out. Good luck.

Back