You can type here any text you want

Anyone have torque thrust 2 wheels need help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was recently at summit racing and purchased some greg weld wheels. I had not read up on them at the time but was told they would fit the buick. For the price I got them for I did an impulse buy.

To make a long story short the center caps will not fit over the dust caps on the end of the front spindles. Fast4ward from turbo buick sent me a picture of his issues and it doesn't even look close...

Picture884.jpg

The torque thrust 2 wheels from american racing have a center cap that looks almost the same as the greg weld wheels cap but it has a bump in to clear the dust cap. I need to get the measurements of the star patteren of the cap to see if they will be close to fitting my wheels since they have an allen bolt on center cap. I can order them without a logo on them and transfer the greg weld sticker over to these caps then my problem is solved!

The cap for the torque thrust 2

are-3505293_w.jpg

My wheels showing how flat the cap is. I won't have issues in the rear though.

28220260068_large.jpg

Thanks Brandon!

it looks like the 1/2 inch spacers will work with the caps mashed in:redface:...the studless spacers are about $20 for 2 off ebay ...1" studless spacers would be better but i couldn't find any.
i'm undecided as to what i''m going to do.

i was able to find the following info if it helps.
newer style Torq Thrust screw hole pattern is 2 1/5" between cap screw holes.
I think 2 1/4 would be about the same.
measure so i don't have to;)

You should be able to gain enough clearance with the Weld caps by "massaging" the dust caps. Just make sure that you have a bit of clearance between the end of the spindle and the dust cap. Have the cotter pic off to the sides as well.

Had to do this when I put some custom TT2 caps that we used to sell on my GN. They were a lot shallower than the normal caps but got it to work. Recently sold my TT2 so can't help you out with the measurements of the caps but really doubt they would fit.

Try what I suggested and I bet it will work.

You should be able to gain enough clearance with the Weld caps by "massaging" the dust caps. Just make sure that you have a bit of clearance between the end of the spindle and the dust cap. Have the cotter pic off to the sides as well.

Had to do this when I put some custom TT2 caps that we used to sell on my GN. They were a lot shallower than the normal caps but got it to work. Recently sold my TT2 so can't help you out with the measurements of the caps but really doubt they would fit.

Try what I suggested and I bet it will work.
with the cap smashed right to the nut even after you see the nut mold, unfortunatley it does not work with these.
It appears the AR caps will work. I have measured and center of each hole is 2 1/4 thnx 87turbottype:)

Thanks for that info. These would be the ones that I would order then

3505293P

are-3505293p_w.jpg

Stick the greg weld logo sticker right on it! Summit has them in stock for 24.95 are you going to order them since your close to the boarder and let me know? ;)

Brandon!

Back