You can type here any text you want

Anyone Here Been to Japan??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Im thinking of going on the 2010-11 lowrider tour, show some japanese folks the west coast whips:biggrin: I heard that its very expensive and that they are not too fond of people with dark skin... (ie me), but I was counting on my size to differ, 6' 5'' 300+lbs, sumo or godzilla anyone?

I don't know about the whole "dark skin" thing... I have a good friend (old exchange student my parents took for a year), and she LOVES "dark skinned men"... LOL. So, you'll probably have excellent luck with the ladies... and maybe some haters from the men:D

As for expensive.. heck to the YA. I can't even afford to look at what a plane ticket there would cost... LOL.

yeah...i spent 4 months in Okinawa back in '03. it is not just "dark skin" people they dont like...it is Americans in general. Some of the younger generation want to talk to you to practice thier english on you, but most will just look down thier noses at you.

as for being expensive...YES. when i was there it was about $12 for a Big Mac meal or about $8 for a Corona at the bar (if that gives you at least an idea on price).

Nate

I have been working for them for about seven years now. Some are very nice as long as you are nice to them. Never been there, dodged that bullet.

I do give them lots of credit when they come over here. What would it be like for one of us to move to Japan and try and learn a new language and customs. The Japanese go crazy over FF movies and stuff.

Lived there for 3 years and LOVED IT!!!!! Im 6'6" and yeah i wacked my dome on some door jambs a few times LOL. I had a ton of Japanese friends and never got dissed or spit on or any of that. Great food!! Awesome drinks at the vending machines on all the street corners.

When i was there the yen to dollar flucuated but averaged about 105 to a dollar. Mc D's Double cheese burger combo was about 10 bucks but tasted better than the US IMO.
Gas was dumb though cause you bought per liter and High Octane would set you back 60 plus bucks for a fill up. But the oct rating are higher than over here.

Black folks are called Cocojin by the japanese..no joke. Now Im not sure if thats a slur or not.
Kiajin means foreigner.
BakaKiajin means crazy foreigner....you get the picture.
Eti (E TI long I) means ouch...:biggrin:

The car gearhead racing cult is awesome there..Its wher I got the turbo bug, had a turbo Fairlady, and a R32 Skyline both modded. The R32 way more than the z.

I but did realize something when I was there the freaking loud mouth arrogant a holes in public..Guess who??

The Americans.

Yeah we live in a great country and I love it. But we have a chip on our shoulder..I didnt realize it till I lived there. It opened my eyes big time and I felt embarrased when Americans would be loud and obnoxious in a restaraunt, mall, etc.

The Japanese people are respectfull and courteous. You wont hear no fliipng screaming kid in a movie or have someone walk in front of you while the movie is playing. They will bend down to get out of your view if they need to leave. If you walk into a business everyone greets you in there.

Me and the Wife still have withdrawals and would go back in a Blink. They are still people and there will be some that are Jerks but keep a open mind and have a blast. Do some research on the culture a little and they have free learn basic japenese phrase podcasts on ITunes.

Got a little carried away with the long post..I say go!!

Lived there for 3 years and LOVED IT!!!!! Im 6'6" and yeah i wacked my dome on some door jambs a few times LOL. I had a ton of Japanese friends and never got dissed or spit on or any of that. Great food!! Awesome drinks at the vending machines on all the street corners.

When i was there the yen to dollar flucuated but averaged about 105 to a dollar. Mc D's Double cheese burger combo was about 10 bucks but tasted better than the US IMO.
Gas was dumb though cause you bought per liter and High Octane would set you back 60 plus bucks for a fill up. But the oct rating are higher than over here.

Black folks are called Cocojin by the japanese..no joke. Now Im not sure if thats a slur or not.
Kiajin means foreigner.

The car gearhead racing cult is awesome there..Its wher I got the turbo bug, had a turbo Fairlady, and a R32 Skyline both modded. The R32 way more than the z.

I but did realize something when I was there the freaking loud mouth arrogant a holes in public..Guess who??

The Americans.

Yeah we live in a great country and I love it. But we have a chip on our shoulder..I didnt realize it till I lived there. It opened my eyes big time and I felt embarrased when Americans would be loud and obnoxious in a restaraunt, mall, etc.

The Japanese people are respectfull and courteous. You wont hear no fliipng screaming kid in a movie or have someone walk in front of you while the movie is playing. They will bend down to get out of your view if they need to leave. If you walk into a business everyone greets you in there.

Me and the Wife still have withdrawals and would go back in a Blink. They are still people and there will be some that are Jerks but keep a open mind and have a blast. Do some research on the culture a little and they have free learn basic japenese phrase podcasts on ITunes.

Im not like most americans IMO. I was raised in a respecful home and know my manners. It has always been something ive wanted to do. You really owned an R32?? must be cheaper over there. Huh, i would be one big black cocojin:biggrin::cool:

I freaking loved that car it was cheap, I paid less than 3 grand for it and it had a ton of bolt ons already on it. I did know the guy at the lot tho:biggrin:.

I freaking loved that car it was cheap, I paid less than 3 grand for it and it had a ton of bolt ons already on it. I did know the guy at the lot tho:biggrin:.

Damn, ill have to go there just to buy a car atleast:D Im a level headed guy like i mentioned before... alright im convinced, if i get a chance ill go:biggrin:

Kiajin means foreigner.

The Americans.

Pretty much agree with everything said here, especially about the loud and obnoxious Americans. With the military bases neighboring the city it's pretty much to be expected. I spent 3 years in Okinawa and witnessed many of the same things...usually GIs getting drunk and stupid and causing all sorts of trouble downtown. IMO most of the locals were great folks, never had a problem with them...I guess a little respect goes a long way. :wink:

83turbo- As far as the "dark skin" thing....I don't think you have anything to worry about. In fact I believe it's the opposite...from what I've seen its the younger Japanese girls that like the dark skin fellas.:biggrin:

Back