You can type here any text you want

Anyone here run Tunerpro rt on their GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

skipztt

anyone here run tunerpro rt on their GN? im from the syty world and my buddy wants to tune on his GN. i have tunerpro rt and i was wondering if anyone has good experiences with it. i know alot of you guys end up putting a fast or big stuff in your cars, it seems more common to u guys. do i have to convert anything to run tunerpro on it?

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Search on this from username Bruce. Bruce passed away a short time back but he ran this and was an advocate of it over the aftermarkets. You will probably find a lot of info on the topic from him.

Most of the folks in here I would say prefer the aftermarket standalones, but perhaps someone else can chime in for you as well.

It comes packaged with the Translator Pro, so those of us that are running the Translator Pro have TurnerPro on the laptop also. Although many of us also run another logging program like Powerlogger, etc.
Most stand alone's like BS3 or FAST/XFI come with their own prepackaged software/internal logger.

anyone here run tunerpro rt on their GN? im from the syty world and my buddy wants to tune on his GN. i have tunerpro rt and i was wondering if anyone has good experiences with it. i know alot of you guys end up putting a fast or big stuff in your cars, it seems more common to u guys. do i have to convert anything to run tunerpro on it?

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Is your buddie running a Translator Pro or Gen II? To see what the ECM is doing you need the Power Logger

ok. so the power logger has it own software then? right?? it called scanner pro i assume.

so with this software i can tune the ecm just like tunerpro???:confused:

i was aware that the buick ecm would need some kind of adaptor to have a laptop hooked up to it. is this all i would need then ?:

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

my buddy has a 87 gn with te44, 009 inj, 3" DP, afpr, a mild cam and a red armstrong 93 chip in it. he wants to go into the 11's with it. he wants to either get rid of the chip or tune on this chip a little bit. he as a prolink 9000 for it and its tells us alot of info about what the ecm is telling us and what its reading. (i hope this make sence).

what i really getting at is what do i need to tune on his stock ecm?

i assuming i need the "power logger" and since it has software with it im good to go...right? and a wideband o2. i would also like to run ostrich..can i run this software with ostrich??

once again... thanks in advance:biggrin:

No, no. The Power Logger is a scantool for turbo Buick's. You use it to see information from the ecm. You then can tune the car based that data.
The Power Logger will do alot more than a regular scanner. You can input boost off the map sensor and afr's with a wideband and egt's off a probe.

For tuning you need some type of piggyback device or the ability to burn your own chips. The ostrich may work but the a better device for that job would be a Tanslator Pro. With this you would have boost, timing and fuel all at your fingertips. Add a wideband and the pro will track afr's and correct fueling bases on your settings. You can also tune it via your laptop with Tuner Pro. I do like the fact that changes can be made without the laptop because I don't always carry it with me.

Click on the Tpro in my sig. for more info.

thanks rick87gn that makes more sence know. ive been reding so much stuff i was getting really confused...lol.

i also like the fact that you mentioned about tuning without a laptop. thanks again ...ill be asking you more questions..haha

Back