Anyone here using the Autozone Duralast cam sensor?

G-Force

I priced it today for $37. Where can I purchase the standard brand cam sensor? Autozone, Advance nor Oreily's carry the standard brand cam sensor.

Is that the whole cam gear drive and sensor or just the cap sensor? At $35 it's too cheap to be the whole thing, and the guys at Autozone were no help. I ordered one anyway.

It's the cap only. Been there, done that!

I have them available (complete assemblies) if anybody needs....

Well, looks like Autozone lost my first order in shipping somewhere. Had to cancel and reorder, supposed to have another one in 2 days (by saturday).
Good news is that I already picked one up from a board member and have it ready to go this weekend on a motor job. It is a complete Wells unit. The part number is SU164, which happens to be exactly the same as the Autozone Duralast part number. I'm thinking the Autozone part is the same, but it will do no good if they can't produce it. I just noticed the Autozone links I posted above don't work, looks like they change so you have to go to Autozone.com to compare the pictures.

GP Sorenson, Standard, and Wells are sourced the same. The cap is being sold at about $40, and the assemblies are at $200-400 from autozone, NAPA, etc.

Have a few more available at 1/2 the above Sorenson price.....

I bought the complete cam sensor at autozone at the end of last October for $38. Part number SU164. Has the GM part number on the side of it.

John

IT IS THE COMPLETE SENSOR!

I bought 2 recently for $42 and one about a year ago. Has the GM number stamped on the side.
Part number SU164 for Autozone.
I had to order it but they came within 2 days.
I can post pics if you arent a beleiver.

Click here:
AutoZone.com | Shopping | Parts | |

Current is $322 for the part.

That link asked you to enter your ZIP and it came up as $322?:confused:

Mine is displayed as $42.99
Like I said I just bought 2 recently. I knew there were price differences from location to ocation but that is rediculous.

Well if any one wants to order one thru me I PM me.
I can order it from the store and ship it.

Did just that- zip 98335- came up as $322.

You may want to ask if it's complete or just the cap. As I said before, been there, done that!

I agree, SU164 comes up as $38 on my computer, and I just bought it last October. It is the complete sensor.

John

crap! I just entered your zip code SouthernCal, and it does come up $323! Wow! You need to move :)

John

autozone cam sensor

It's the complete sensor. Bought mine 2 years ago for $37. Been working great. (I had to order it for an 86 as they had no listing for a 87 TR.)

Thanks, Dave

Picked mine up today from Autozone. $42 with tax out the door. Complete assembly in a Wells bag. I went straight home and ordered two more online for another $85. I tried to order three, but it cancelled the last one. Won't let me go back and order anymore, so maybe they are out? I'd recommend buying one if you can, even if just for a spare. Obviously there is something going on with the pricing.

SoutherCal GN, thanks for the one you sold me. The $100 was worth it to me to have it quickly and know it was right to get the customers motor job out the door. However the Autozone ones are complete, so your post about been there done that looks to be misleading. Either someone was screwing you over or the rest of us are getting extremely lucky. I about choked when I went to Rockauto.com and saw the sensors were $300 plus!!

Greg Kring

all you guys that can get them for 440 should stock up and then sell them to everyone else..
i just put my zip code in, and it came up as a $300 part thru the partsamreica link, and $39 at the Autozone link.