You can type here any text you want

Anyone in Chicago wanna help?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Hey all,

I know you'd never guess, I'm in Chicago. Yea, it's true.

I'm looking to do a little work to the TTA, and I need help. I want to replace the valve springs, (maybe) install fuel pump, injectors...

I am very good with tools, just don't have the right tools to do specialty things like springs and such. And, never done these things. So need some expert help!

I'll supply alcohol and cash for your help!!

I'm in Schaumburg, and of course would come to you.

Anyone interested?

Thanks!

Michael

I'm not an expert nor in Chicago (about an hour and half away) but between me, and some of my friends we have done just about all of that. We'd be willing to help you out and we have access to a lift which would help for the fuel pump. However it would be impossible to get all of that done in one day. If you're wanting to give it a shot let me know.

Inj's easy, fuel pump easy, valve springs, a little work but still relatively easy.

Im in NW IN and wow I have a TTA too! lol

I have one car just assembled and another car to go, so unfortuneatley I wont have any spare time to tkae on another project right now :-(. I am more than willing to talk to you about it or put u in contact with someone who could help you out if the need be.

Let me know
Jeremy

Hey Mike,

I'm right nearby in Hoffman Estates, but I don't have the tools or knowledge to be much help.. :p
I'd actually like to do valvesprings too but at this point I'd rather just wait till spring rather than put them in and then have them sit all winter.

Do you know Brad? He's another local TTA owner who I met off the TTA mailing list that's always been a big help to me. I don't want to speak for him but I'd bet he'd be willing to give you a hand. I can forward you his email address if ya want, I don't think he checks this site.

72firebird -- Access to a lift, eh? You don't happen to do welding, do you? I've got a set of GW sfc's that I've had sitting in the garage that I'd like to get put on...:D

Originally posted by ALXTTA 1
72firebird -- Access to a lift, eh? You don't happen to do welding, do you? I've got a set of GW sfc's that I've had sitting in the garage that I'd like to get put on...:D

Yeah the mechanic there could do the welding but to tell you the truth it would be cheaper for you to just go to a local shop and have them do it if you live in IL. Just find a good exhaust shop and ask them if they'd do it most of them would. If you'd still like to get them welded out here let me know.

Thanks guys for the reply. I absolutely appreciate the offer.

Really hoping to not have to travel to IN if possible. Specially since that'd mean a 2-3 hr ride back and who knows what we'd finish in a day... and if I drove that far, the TTA'd be my only way home!

If anyone's closer, REALLY would appreciate the help! REALLY REALLY!!!

Rock on,

Michael:cool:

Back