Anyone in the Porland, Vancouver area willing to help me tune my Beast?

volvoman

The Green BEAST
Is there anyone in portland vancouver area that would be interested in helping me tune my ride. I don't have a scan tool and no $. This little project has sucked me dry, almost done though. If you want you e-mail me or pm me that would be fine. I only worked on Volvos before and VWs. Any info or Charity work would be great. The Motor will be running I just need a good tune.

Thanks for anyinfo
Chris

Volvo Man

Is there anyone in portland vancouver area that would be interested in helping me tune my ride

Is it driveable? How much tuning are you liiking for? I'd be willing to help if you can get it up to Everett. I have a scan tool and other tools to tune. I don't claim to be any expert but I willing to help.

Frank

Well motor is in tranny is mounted. I have to do a lot of finish work. Its not running yet but I did not know how long it would be till I found somone that would help. Over the holidays I hope to get the harness in and hook up pwr steering and such. i was gong to do the rear end but I need to get this thing going. I bought the motor and it was suppose to have 45k on it more like 50 to 60k. Still at 2k was good find with the tranny. We checked the mains and they all look nice and smooth. I just did basics like new freeze plugs dbl chain and cam. I still have to run fuel line and radiator and few other nick nacks. I am looking to have it running by March, and driving by may. April will be working the gremlins out. How long does it take to get to Everett? I am kinda looking for someone local, like the vancouver area. I don't want to invade anyones space just need little help when I get this thing going.

Thanks
Chris

It's a 3 hour drive from Vancouver, WA to Everett.....

2 1/2 with a touch of boost!!! ;)

As it get closer I will let you guys know whats going on. I don't think I want to drive up there, I will if I have to though. ;). I see This one GN running around Brush Praire , Vancouver. He is always going the other way though.

Chris

BillsGN

I live in Lk Stevens as well. I have 2 other buddies with Turbo Regals that live in Lk Stevens. Do you take yours out much during the dry months? Its good to know that there are other Buick folks in the area.

Frank

There is a couple of guys around Ridgefield that have turbo regals. One of thems name is Bill and he has a black 87 turbo T and his brother has an 87 GN. The brother does some CNC machining. If you can track them down they might be able to help you. I believe Bill's email address is GNbill2@aol.com I think.

Re: BillsGN

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
I live in Lk Stevens as well. I have 2 other buddies with Turbo Regals that live in Lk Stevens. Do you take yours out much during the dry months? Its good to know that there are other Buick folks in the area.

Frank

Frank, my GN is a daily driver.... One of these days, I will buy a another one to keep in the garage for "nice days" only....:)

Bill just came over. It has taken some time to get ahold of him. I met him at TTIII but he has been really busy. He let my use some of his left overs from his garage. He said " he loves to tune". So It looks like it I did have help but did not know it. Bill is a great guy to talk to. I look forward to meeting other Buick Gn people, all you guys seem to be really Cool guys. Now I just have to get this thing running.

Thanks for all the Post.
Chris

Bill is a great guy! Two others who might be able to help you are Dan Powell (V6Power87) and Dave Loney (DEL). Dan's up in Vancouver, sure to hit the 10s soon, and Dave lives in Oregon City - he's got a mid-10 T-Type. I'm sure they'd dig seeing a GN-powered Volvo! I'll help if I can, but your car might just end up SLOWER than it is now...

Originally posted by volvoman
Bill just came over. It has taken some time to get ahold of him. I met him at TTIII but he has been really busy. He let my use some of his left overs from his garage. He said " he loves to tune". So It looks like it I did have help but did not know it. Bill is a great guy to talk to. I look forward to meeting other Buick Gn people, all you guys seem to be really Cool guys. Now I just have to get this thing running.

Thanks for all the Post.
Chris

You know you really mess with Volvo's claim of being the worlds safest car.

Yep, he told me. :D Were you at the test and tune day of Turbothunder III? I was there that day and held the distinction of being the slowest. They were clocking me with a sundial. ;) That is were I met Bill also. Hey Toady, hows the newborn?

Volvoman,

I'd be happy to help. I don't have my own scantool right now but I have a few folks willing to loan me their OTC4000's when needed.

Time is hard to come by lately, E-mail me when you get it running and reliable. You'll want to at least have the fuel pressure set with a gauge (40-45 PSI with the vaccum hose off of the regulator, is a good place to start) Then just start with a soft boost setting (15 PSI?) and go from there. A knock gauge is very valuable, there are people that just tune from them.

Anyway, Dan Powell is also in your hood, he would be a good guy to talk to. As his car get's faster, mine get's slower...so keep that in mind :)

Thanks for the offer. I am sure with all your guys help I should have it going by tt. I Just pulled the rear end from my volvo to get the 8.8 taken in . I might have just set myself back a bit doing that as i can not move my car now. :)

Chris