Anyone know about a 4l70?

V

violent6

I have been reading alot about it on the ls1 board, and they say its a 200r4, but reworked to handle up to 850lb/tq. Anyone know?

4L70

4L70 is a designation that Yank Converters has given to a 2004r with an Ls1 conversion input shaft and converter for the "F" bodies conversion from a 4l60E to a 2004r.
Why might you ask?
Because the 2004r's are not coming apart like the 4l60e's are in the higher powered "F" bodies. ( interesting :) )
Mike , at Yank, and I did two full tilt trans for an article he did in Popular Hot Rodding back in April of 2001. That was all our stuff with his Ls1 conversion. Not his fault and or doing but we got left out in the article.:( And if you look the brake, pan, and drum, is ours right there in the ad.) I think the guy has killer converters. Neat conversion........:)

Bruce
We4
www.ptsnctb.com

Slightly off topic, but what do you think of Poston's offering an adapted Ford AOD? It was in their latest catalog... I remember an article several years back in one of the "Hot Rod" type mags about how good this tranny was, but have not seen much on it since.

Later,

Why not?

I think that is pretty funny, because i remember when art carr had an adapter kit to put the 200-4r into the mustangs.

Really though AOD's can be real cool. There is a ton of suff for them. I just did up a AOD that had automatic shifts, trans brake function, and lock up that went into a milkstang.

I like the 200-4r in our cars {turbo buicks}, more than i would like an aod in them.