You can type here any text you want

Anyone know this car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

irocz

I sold my old TTA a few years ago and have been missing it ever since. I think it was the highest-mileage TTA around with 166k. Anyway, I just ended up winning this car on ebay the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4567883905

However, the story behind it is a little odd.

This car was run under a different ebay ID once in June and once in July showing 138k. It brought $9400 the 1st time and $7200 the 2nd time. In that listing the seller claimed the engine was rebuilt at 47k. You can see this 3rd listing makes no mention of that (although it does mention service at 47k) and is a different seller, but also from Illinois.

I didn't think I was going to win it because I was outbid until the high bidder cancelled his bid with around an hour before the sale ended. I checked his auctions out and it turns out he is from Illinois as well. I think it is pretty odd that the high bidder jumped out at the last second and he is from IL too.

Anyway, I haven't gotten in touch with the seller yet. I was wondering if anyone knew the car or the story behind it before I take the time to go up there and go through with the purchase.

I was informed of this TTA before it went on ebay...

the high mileage was a no go for me...even though the owner(nice fella) told me that the motor was rebuilt at one time but not sure when,,,

now ,,,,the fella/gal that had the high bid on the TTA ...he/she has been bidding on many TTA's and GTA's the past few months...I have been paying attention 2 many myself ..some he has supposedly won and some he has jumped ship on...just like this one...

anyways ...I am paying close attention 2 a few he has won ..just 2 see if they come back out for sale...it might be one of those bidding games they play.... :confused:

he took a nice TTA away from me on ebay about a month ago....I have emailed buyer and seller about info if car was sold or not....no reply basicly...

or...

this ebay buyer is buying up all the TTA's and hoarding them for a few years....who knows...

its back on ebay.....the high bidder bailed ship just before auction ended...

he's done it before...and also he has won others and never took ownership..seems 2 be a bid pumper..

.....and then the 2nd highest bidder ended up buying something else....left this seller messed up...

seems like a good car for the $$...maybe get it for less ...the poor seller is aggrivated...

high bidder was from the same state :confused: "maybe" pushing the price ?? :rolleyes: :eek:

Back