You can type here any text you want

Anyone knows how to replace the bulbs on GM CD player???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G-Force

My CD player is from a 90's chevy blazer and the bulbs just went out. Anyone here replace these before. What part # for the bulb anf what was the procedure? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

If its a newer style CD radio out of a 96 up vehicle (like impy SS one) they are LED's and the radio will have to go to a repair shop to be fixed because they are on the board of the radio, and I believe the avg price it from 75 to 100 (haven't found anything cheaper than 75).

Is it one of the Theftlock or Monsoon stereos? And is the LED display not working (the clock & radio station numbers) or is it the internal bulbs that shine through the buttons and where you put the disk in? Two different parts there. I took apart a Theftlock cassette stereo once to replace the light bulbs that shine through the buttons, they are not LED's but small 2 wire bulbs with plastic bases. Not sure about part # but I had an old stereo with working lights, took it apart (you need a micro small hex wrench to remove the face plate from the pc board to get to the bulbs) and a standard desoldering iron let me pull the good bulbs out of the circuit board. Then I desoldered the bad bulbs in the good stereo and just soldered the good ones into the circuit board, bolted it all back together and it works like new. Not sure where you could buy new bulbs but you can usually pick up a used radio with cassette for about $10 or 15 on ebay and just use it for parts.
Hope this helps.
Dave

It helps. I have the theftlock radio and it is the bulb that shines through the button. Thanks.

Glad to help. Takes some patience but if you know how to solder & desolder basic circuits you should have no problem, takes about 30 minutes to do plus the cost of an old stereo, beats paying the dealer $100 unless your time is worth more than $200 per hour!
Dave

Back