Anyone live in/near Wichita, KS?

mandersgtp

I will probably be movin' out there this spring/summer to open up an office. If anyone could point me in the direction of some good neighborhoods to live in/get office space in, area tracks, etc. I would greatly appreciate it! Better go buy me soom ruby slippers:p

mandersgtp,
I live an hour north of Wichita in Hutchinson via Hwy 96. I don't know too much about the housing in that area but , I do know a few people that do live in and around Wichta. I'll be moving to the Greensboro, NC area the first part of March myself.
Are you wanting to rent or purchase a home. Let me know and I will try and get you some info.

Drew

there's quite a few of us buick peeps out here. im personally in derby, about 15 min outside wichita. you can either live in wichita or one of several surrounding cities in the metro area that are 15 min or less away.

as for tracks there's atleast 1. wichita international raceway. i prefer mid america dragway but there's been some ownership problems and i dont know if they'll be open this year. both are 1/4mi.

for some info try www.kansas.com

Hehe. Wichita is easy striking distance from Tulsa or OKC. You DO remember losing a bet, right?

Plus, the new owner of Tulsa Int'l Raceway is supposed to be pumping a few million dollars into the track to bring back national events. Even adding a 2.3 mile road course and an asphalt oval track, too, changing the name to Tulsa Raceway Park.

And you'll have to come to Okla. City with the Wichita crew for our annual Buick vs. Ford shootout. Last year we KILLED the Fords with a big show of power even though they brought over 90 cars!

Originally posted by mydesigner
Moving down closer to your beloved sooners i see!!!!:D

OMG...I am trying SO hard to get out there before the Tulsa office opens so I don't have to move there. And if I do I'll guarantee I'm hanging a HUGE Longhorns flag under the American one:)

Funny you should say that Mr. Smith - I was just telling turbo6gn last night I was sure one of you goofs would think I forgot. I hope you'll be glad to hear I will drive my butt down to Tulsa within a month after I move there so I don't owe frickin' Sooners fans for the rest of my life;) And I'll at least come and watch the Buick vs. Ford event - nothin' like seein' guys in Mustangs gettin' whooped.

I am planning on getting an apartment when I first get there since I don't know the areas at all and my company usually gives me less than a month's notice to pack up my crap and move across the country. I noticed how un-Godly cheap homes are out there - in my neighborhood a two-bedroom townhome sells for $280k, but I can buy a house in Wichita for $75:eek:

Thanks for the info guys, I'll make sure to warn y'all of my arrival;)

Let us know when yer in the area... that said apartments in Wichita that at least have SOME security and LESS crime prolly start at $600. Individual covered parking, nice area etc will likely add quite a bit.

"Where?"
Start on the east side, perhaps on Rock Road or near it. You can also find some deals in the Twin Lakes area but my info could be a little dated... but you will verify anyway. Beware the contract fine print!

$75K *IN* Wichita gets a liveable home but might not be in the best area (not culdesacish). Gets a VERY liveable older home in one of the surrounding areas. As a general rule, yer looking at around $125K as a starting point for homes that are "car friendly" and have neighbors with grass to mow.

Letting *US* know means clicking:
http://www.gwtra.org and either sending an email or posting on our board.

Shawn