Anyone Need Aluminum Rear Support?

78Buick

There's a U-Pull-It yard around here with a '79 Regal with aluminum bumper supports. The front bumper is gone but rear one is there. Anyone want/need it? Also, there's an '82 or '83 Regal with a 4.1 in it. Anybody want the intake?

I'd check that '79 for an aluminum core support. The Racer's pay big $ for them.

I'll Check

I can stop at the yard tomorrow and see how much they want.

Good idea about the core support.

cool.

aluminum core support? you mean radiator support? that thing that holds the radiator and the header panel bolts up to and all that good stuff?

Well, I went to the junkyard today. No aluminum core supports. The guy wants $25 for the 4.1 intake, so if anybody wants it, it'll be $25 + shipping. Also, I found in the trunk of a Park Avenue, a red 3.8 Turbo air cleaner assembly. I might keep it to put on my 350, unless someone needs it (and makes a good offer:D ).

Core support = radiator support

The 78/80 cars had a lot of aluminum on them (Hoods and decklids sometimes). The 78/80 support will work on a 81/87 with a little work (drilling holes, etc). It saves some wieght (20 lbs.?). Only worth it on a SERIOUS race car.

The 4.1 intake is aluminum and will save about the same weight.

PS - No the hood and decklids won't interchange to a 81/87 Regal. :(

excellent! find out how much shipping is with UPS 3 day service. my city and zip are louisville and 40229. i do believe i will buy that intake from you. junkyards here want like 50 and 75 bucks. this is cheaper even with the shipping.