You can type here any text you want

Anyone polish their stock T rims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

Just wondering if anyone here has polished their factory T Type rims. How did they turn out in your opinion? Can you post pics if you have? Thanks!

ive done a search on yahoo and came up with a light blue t that had its t wheels polished and it didnt look to bad. try the search and see what you come up with.

CombatComProg said:
Just wondering if anyone here has polished their factory T Type rims. How did they turn out in your opinion? Can you post pics if you have? Thanks!
-----------------------------------
Just my personal opinion, here, but I have seen several sets polished and i do not care for the look. For 1 thing, something with the area of each panel is hard to keep it's shape and they come out with dished out areas inside each panel. Maybe the polisher did not know how to polish. 2: way too much bling.
Ever considered re-glass beading or re-sandblasting them and polishing the machined finish area, (vanes & outside rim)
No flaming intended

I have polished T wheels on my white, heavy padded blue landau top, and chrome package 87 car. It came with them when I bought it and story was that the orig owner abused the needed cleaning from the front brake residue that discolored them so they didn't look nice after extensive cleaning. Previous owner (#2) had them polished out. IMHO, the polished T wheels look good with a chrome package car. Maybe someone more skilled and savvy can dig up the pics of my car from Clay's site? (efi-street) It also has T Tops so it probably is the only one like it on his site.

Here's a set I saw at the Reynolds meet in 2004. :cool:
Hey Evans, how's the H2 coming along :confused:
Have a Happy New Year ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1128.jpg
    DSCF1128.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCF1129.jpg
    DSCF1129.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 201
t wheels

I had g body parts restore mine. Two I had to have widened. The other two left stock for front. This pic isnt the best but I can take more. I had the flat areas polished & the rough bead blasted & then a proper clear coat. I got them to match my dark gray t but now i am going to sell the set with oem metric stainless lugnuts.

bmprundaysunday001.jpg

1owner said:
Here's a set I saw at the Reynolds meet in 2004. :cool:
Hey Evans, how's the H2 coming along :confused:
Have a Happy New Year ;)

Hey Istvan,

How's it goin'? That silver T in your photos from the 04 Reynolds meet is Geven Aston's car. A real stunner and beauty! He's from the Atlanta area and it has a beautiful silver leather interior too. Very tastefully done and a great guy to boot! His polished wheels and mine were done by the same gent (name unknown) who is also from ATL.

I'm going to PM you with an H2 update. I want to follow up with some questions for you. Hopefully this summer, it might be done!

Those polished rims on that silver T look great! Nice compliment to the chrome bumpers.

Polished T Type rims

I saw two cars with fully polished rims at the **** Nat's in 2004. On set was on a T owned by the owner of JAX Seat Covers' ( Paul ) wife. He said that he could get them done in California for $800 shipped to him. You might want to recheck this by now. I also found a place out in California that gave me an estimate for $100 per wheel to chrome plate them. I still have that put away somewhere. My question would have to be just plate and no extra polish ? I'll look for that quote. FYI, I'm best reached at lovellgl@aol.com :smile:

Back