You can type here any text you want

Anyone Run a B&M??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
Just seeing how many are useing the B&M shift kit, And what are some dis likes & likes about them??
Just checking,
Thanks,
Seneca Lafler,

B&M Kit

I used a B&M kit--'most every other shift kit too. It worked OK and was easy to install but hit really hard at part throttle, nothing special.

I recently backed out the B&M kit and installed the PTS kit, MUCH BETTER!

Its under parts on this site http://www.ptsnctb.com/

I recommend that you search the Transmission Talk site, there have been several recent posts regarding shift kits.

I have the B&M installed works OK for the price I guess you get what you pay for cheap easy to install makes a differance but not real big. I'm getting ready to install the TranGo quite abit more complicated and sophistacated and more pricey as well but I think worth it. Not only improves shift quality but overall performance as well it includes the .500 boost valve and I think it's the .400 low/revese valve as well which is why it cost over $100 I believe those two alone will cost you better than half that.

Originally posted by HOTTOGO
I have the B&M installed works OK for the price I guess you get what you pay for cheap easy to install makes a differance but not real big. I'm getting ready to install the TranGo quite abit more complicated and sophistacated and more pricey as well but I think worth it. Not only improves shift quality but overall performance as well it includes the .500 boost valve and I think it's the .400 low/revese valve as well which is why it cost over $100 I believe those two alone will cost you better than half that.

You are making a giant mistake. You will see. And if you follow every step to the letter, it will RUIN your VB forever.
second. I am the only one making a .400 boost valve and transgo has not bought a single one.
third. there are now a .570 TV boost valves available as of two months ago.

I agree about the Transgo. I had two in my Camaro and went through two transmissions before I figured out what the problem was. It works good for about 2k miles but then things start to go down hill.

BTW the Camaro was a stock LT1 with very small bolt ons so I wasn't punishing the transmission.

Back