Anyone Run a B&M??

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
Just seeing how many are useing the B&M shift kit, And what are some dis likes & likes about them??
Just checking,
Thanks,
Seneca Lafler,

B&M Kit

I used a B&M kit--'most every other shift kit too. It worked OK and was easy to install but hit really hard at part throttle, nothing special.

I recently backed out the B&M kit and installed the PTS kit, MUCH BETTER!

Its under parts on this site http://www.ptsnctb.com/

I recommend that you search the Transmission Talk site, there have been several recent posts regarding shift kits.

I have the B&M installed works OK for the price I guess you get what you pay for cheap easy to install makes a differance but not real big. I'm getting ready to install the TranGo quite abit more complicated and sophistacated and more pricey as well but I think worth it. Not only improves shift quality but overall performance as well it includes the .500 boost valve and I think it's the .400 low/revese valve as well which is why it cost over $100 I believe those two alone will cost you better than half that.

Originally posted by HOTTOGO
I have the B&M installed works OK for the price I guess you get what you pay for cheap easy to install makes a differance but not real big. I'm getting ready to install the TranGo quite abit more complicated and sophistacated and more pricey as well but I think worth it. Not only improves shift quality but overall performance as well it includes the .500 boost valve and I think it's the .400 low/revese valve as well which is why it cost over $100 I believe those two alone will cost you better than half that.

You are making a giant mistake. You will see. And if you follow every step to the letter, it will RUIN your VB forever.
second. I am the only one making a .400 boost valve and transgo has not bought a single one.
third. there are now a .570 TV boost valves available as of two months ago.

I agree about the Transgo. I had two in my Camaro and went through two transmissions before I figured out what the problem was. It works good for about 2k miles but then things start to go down hill.

BTW the Camaro was a stock LT1 with very small bolt ons so I wasn't punishing the transmission.