You can type here any text you want

Anyone running a 285/40-17?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i just installed some 285s on my 17x9.5s but have yet to take any pics. As soon as I do i will. They may be camera phone pics though

Who cares. Better than the pics I got now which are NONE. lol.. thanks, let me know what brand too.

JDS, any updates with pics? Would love to see how they look. Thanks.

JDS, any updates with pics? Would love to see how they look. Thanks.

sorry man, my phone has been acting up and i didn't have access to a real camera either. Ill see what i can do this weekend. The car may be up on jacks though lol. Here are some pics of a friend of mines old car. He ran 17x10s and had 285s on it.
image49.htm

image48.htm

image72.htm

hey sorry this is so late. Here are a couple pics of my GN with the 17x9.5s and 285s. Not the best pics as they are my camera phone but u get the idea.
Picture147-1.jpg

Picture146-1.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Looks Great !!!

What are the specs for the wheels ? ( backspacing etc.... )
Any frame notch or spacers needed ?
Also, what tires are those ?

Thanks
Matt

they are 235/40/17 up front. 17x7 with 4" BS. I had 8s with 245s but after lowering they rubbed a bit much. the LS1 12" front brakes push the front wheels out a bit, without them i think they would tuck in to much for my taste.

In the rear its all factory. 17x9.5 with 4.75" BS. The wheel itself is actually a 17x9.5 with 6.5" BS so im running 1.75" adapter. Im only doing this because i got the wheels for a steal. If you run 17x9.5 with 4.75 BS already built in, it should work great with no modifications. The tires are nitto 285/45/17.

Looks good. I got my 285/40-17 Nittos waiting to be mounted.

So how do you like the LS1 brakes? I'm waiting for Robert (TexasT) to get done with my set. Did he do yours? I can't wait to get 'em on.

Uhhhh, dont they RUB the Frame?? I have 255/17's on the back of mine, with 17x8's (4" BS) and they are only 3/4" from the frame...I WANT to mount my 275inch Drag radials, but I afraid they'll rub....

Thanks for posting those I actually just bought mine yesterday and I cant wait to get mine on the car. It is sitting on stands in the garage cause Im beefing up the framerails and installing my 8.8 rear. (originally a 307 stripper model) Ill probably start a new thread and detail the whole install and specs on the parts. Should be sometime after next weekend. Now I gotta get back to work. :cool:

hey sorry this is so late. Here are a couple pics of my GN with the 17x9.5s and 285s. Not the best pics as they are my camera phone but u get the idea.
Picture147-1.jpg

Picture146-1.jpg

Picture145.jpg

They look outstanding!! I'm planning on buying new wheels and tires too. I was wondering how many inches did you lower it up front/rear? I like the way it stands. It gives it a mean look to it.

Mr86t-type, naw there is no rubbing. I do plan on rolling the fender lips as they have contacted there when i have a couple of people in the back seat. I probably have .3" clearance between the frame and tire, it never rubs.

gpadilla1071. The front has QA1 coil overs that I have lowered down to approximately 24.6" from the ground to the top of the fender well measuring through the center of the wheel. I also have Howe lower ball joints that are .5" longer and helped in dropping the car as well. The rear is still factory saggy springs. I plan on upgrading to some Moog A-body springs to lower it a bit (3/4" or so), but i don't want anything too much stiffer as I still like a bit of weight transfer.

Ill see if i can get some better pics soon as the camera phone isnt the best haha. Thanks guys.

Tony, yes the brakes are from Robert (im actually typing this from his computer lol) They work great and went on with no extra mods than what came in his kit. I love the extra braking that it provided, especially driving around in rush hour traffic with all the idiots on the freeways.

Back