You can type here any text you want

Anyone running a dry kit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboost

Just wanting to know if this would be alright or if a wet kit is a must. I can get a good deal on a dry kit is why I ask. Thanks

Your question peaks my interest.
How does it work?
So far my experience is with the military & the SMC.

Well since the power comes from burning fuel, the main question is- how does a dry kit get the matching fuel? When making more power than stock we have a range problem with the stock MAF pretty quick. If you try and spray the MAF to provide more fuel the problem would be that the stock system peaks out at 255 gm/sec. I think you only have about 20 gm/sec headroom over even a ~ stock car. Even if you have an LT1 MAF and translator the internal ecu MAF variable is still limited to 255 gm/sec. Unless you also have the extended airflow code chip. I don't know what ever happened with all that; might wanna ask TurboBob. If you had the LT1 MAF and translator and extended airflow code then a healthy dry shot might be able to work pretty well since then you would have about double the stock MAF range to play with. Still kindof a questionable way of doing it though IMO. I'd be worried about the MAF element being consistently hosed by the N2O nozzle, and thus getting a steady supply of matching fuel.

OTOH a FAST ecu will support a dry setup very nicely :-) You command the matching fuel directly in a lookup table, plus command a nitrous a/f ratio, have closed loop control of that a/f ratio, command a timing retard value, etc.

TurboTR

I wouldn't run it before the maf but in the up pipe. I would have a chip burned especially for it so the injector duty cycle is 80%-90%, about 18* timing and I would up the fuel pressure a couple of pounds. I would only run about a 75 shot. Is this too dangerous.

Well blue tops at 90%, say 40 lb/hr at 90% with raised fuel press is ~ 215 lb/hr of fuel flow. At a conservative bsfc of .55 that's enough for ~ 390 hp. As long as your 75 shot doesn't put you over that total then you might be ok.

TurboTR

Back