You can type here any text you want

Anyone running WORK wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6LE Designs

I told my friends I was looking at Simmons or may just go CCW again and he recommended WORK (he is stationed in Japan, lived there for almost a decade now and races some high dollar/performing cars over there)...

"After learning about wheels and using Japanese ones, I'll never go American or knockoff again. Getting good wheels actually makes a difference. The musclecar guys won't understand. They only know things like width and weight, but things like where the weight is ( center wheel, instead of outer wheel), strength, wheel density, offset are all important. Work wheels are usually semi forged or fully forged, so they weigh much less than American wheels, which helps acceleration, braking and steering response/feel. The weight is in the center of the wheel which helps accel and braking. They are stronger, so they can take torque( drag racing) and side tension( handling through turns), and they can come in aggressive offsets to fill the fender well for the hella flush look, or to get the widest wheel, biggest tire possible, while still clearing the brake caliper and fitting inside the fender well."

So...

New rims I am leaning towards by WORK...

Meister CR 01

wheelImage.png

Meister S13P

wheelImage.png

To be honest, lol, I would actually roll this as is (I can always paint them black later but think the gold looks cool, lol)...

ms13p-3.jpg

Thoughts?

Something along the same line-I picked up some similar looking ones for $150 they are 16x8 and 3 piece which is nice because apparently you can reverse mount the hub to the hoop (I've seen a bunch of pics) and alter the offset a wee bit like 5/8th of an inch or so if needed. The ones I got were allegedly from toyota racing but fit a Fox 4 bolt wtf. If I could find some for my GN I'd be all over them like a wet T-shirt.

007pqn.jpg

I used to have a couple imports...Work wheels are nice and real good quality. You may have to wait to get them though.

Back