anyone use a remote oil filter in the conversion?

hello,
in my 82 caddy coupe deville, the v-6 had a right angle adapter to turn the oil filter away from the frame since the motor sits far behind the frame....after all these years it is now leaking and the gm parts is discontinued...any one use a remote kit that can be purchased that will fit and also allow me to use the factory oil cooler? all the kits i see like in summit seems to be the big adapter...doesn't look like it will fit the small filter housings...

I know this is an old post and you may have already fixed the problem, but I used to run a transdapt kit with oil cooler and remote filter. Because of some of the changes I made, I got rid of the oil cooler adapter, and just kept the remote oil filter setup. I don't have the part #'s handy, but if you are still looking, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Paul

you know what...you are right...I thought i would need the oil cooler adapter that was stock to direct the oil to the radiator...but i can hook up one cooler line from the transdapt to the remote filter then out the filter to the cooler then cooler back to the transdapt....that should work...i just need to find the adapter small enough to fit the small oil filter....summit does not show one...I know they are universal but they are wide....

Is proper proceedure on these to run the filters at the lowest possible mouting position and run the filters with anti drainback valves?