You can type here any text you want

Anyone working on getting the newer Holley EFI systems on a Buick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I know the newer Holley EFI Dominator systems are getting very popular with the LSx guys and I was wondering if anyone had started trying to mate one with a turbo Buick? Thanks

I thought I would bump this up and see if anyone has started experimenting with these EFI systems on turbo Buicks. A friend has one in his LSX twin turbo Nova and he ran mid 8's on drag week and made the 5 days of driving without a hitch and loves the Holley Dominator EFI system.

I put a holley hp system on my gn at the beginning of 2012 and have been hooked ever since it I did it. I sold parted the car out and sold the hp system to another Buick guy, but do not think he has used it yet. I have also ran a dominator on my lsx turbo'd trans am that I building a tsm style 109 motor for and will be using it for that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm using an hp system but will not be running until spring.

My buddy has the Holley system on his Mustang that runs bottom 8's and he likes it. IMO, I believe the system is only as good as the support you get with the unit. All units will do the job, so I first look at is "Who" will be tuning my car, and what they are achieving the best results with.

Thanks for the replies! Are you guys running a stand alone type harness or have you made a jumper? A jumper harness would be great for ease but I do like the idea of a complete new harness and getting rid of the 25+ year old wiring even though I am not having any problems right now.

I would like it if a Turbo Buick vendor would sell the Holley system for the support with the system and to support a Buick vendor but it's hard to pass up the newer systems that have a lot great features for the same or maybe even less money.

A friend if mine owns a shop locally and he has been installing and using XFI's for years and had one on his high 7 second turbo LSx car and after he installed and tuned a Holley Dominator system for a customer he sold his own XFI off his car and switched to a Dominator system.

I originally bought my system for a ls swap. Decided to go back to a v6. I plan on modifying the ls harness to work. I'm also using the holley coils too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I got my car up and running tonight, is there anybody else that has a Holley running on a turbo V6 buick?

I got my car up and running tonight, is there anybody else that has a Holley running on a turbo V6 buick?

Tom,

I'm considering it for my S-10 conversion, and will be doing my LS Rambler for sure. On your Buick install, did you build your start-up tune or find one somewhere to use? Any details you could share would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I started with one of my ls tunes and made a lot of changes for start up. The tune I have now will not be the tune used when I take it to the dyno. Adam at S and M Motorsports in Cincinnati will be doing my tuning at the dyno and track. I know just enough about tuning to blow shit up, that's why I let someone else handle that part of my program.

Thanks Tom. I was under the impression if it would start, the ECM would tune itself. How'd yours run at start and do you feel it "self-tuned"?

It only learns in closed loop. You still have to do startup and tip in fuel like any other system. Learning is done in A separate table and keeps track of fuel that it is adding or subtracting and can be applied to the VE table to adjust. My car is usually tuned with in 3-5% on the second pass and 1% on the third. Drivability takes about a half hour at the different speeds. You still have to have knowledge of tuning and what a/f and timing you need to use.

Back