You can type here any text you want

Are Extender Extreme chips copy protected?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

granatl

TRCM Author
This past weekend's project was to transfer my new EE chip over to the thumbwheel, and then make anti-theft/valet/emissions/race positions. I was off to a good start, but I noticed that when I put the car in drive for more than 15 seconds, the SES would flash once per second and the car really didn't want to run. Does anyone know if there's copy protection in an EE chip? My hunch is no, since when I'd choose the position that was an exact copy of the chip, it had the same behavior.

Thinking about, it's possible that I did. I'll have to go back and check the TRCM source code to see if it auto-inserts anything into the code segment.
I remember tinkering with TRCM so that I could put in that code that turns on alky when O2 < 800mv, so maybe the version I'm using is putting that in.

Also, if you don't mind me asking Mike, is the segment that controls boost already in use? Since I have a manual controller, I could re-use this segment for other things (like the alky thing mentioned above).

Here is the problem, there is not 1 bit open anymore and nothing is even close to being in the same place, most of the tables have been moved around. They are not "edit friendly" Try making an exact copy just using the software from you burner and move it to the thumbwheel, I am not sure that will even work on the new ones and Bob is out of town this week so I cannot ask him. I try to stay out of chip stuff now, he moves stuff every week and I just cannot keep up :D
Mike

Then, maybe the right question to ask is, do you/Bob offer a 16-position 512Kb chip (just the chip, not the whole thumbwheel)? Essentially, I'd like
0 - anti theft
1 - valet (30MPH/4000RPM limits)
2 - emissions (higher fan, slighly leaner, etc.)
3-8 street positions (incremental advance)
9-F race positions (24+ in 1/2 degree increments)

Sorry no we don't do those. Just the programming/adjustment that is in the chip. Timing is done by the translator with the Pro chip. Valet/Anti-theft stuff turns on and off. We don't do emission chips but many have passed.
Mike

Back