You can type here any text you want

Are PST front suspension kits any good?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
For a stock front suspension rebuild (no drop spindles or tubular A-arms).

I like them and I like the polygraphite bushings. You still might need a shield around the passenger side rear bushing to avoid eventually cooking it, but it takes longer to cook than factory rubber.

If you have a lot of miles on the car, new upper and lower polygraphite bushings will make it feel like you are driving a new car. My 110K mile T-type with 10K miles on a PST front (ball joints and bushings) feels much tighter than my 25K mile all original GN. It also brakes straighter, corners crisper and makes much less noise.

When I get time, the GN is getting Poly graphite bushings.

Get greasable bushings if you can.
I have the PST polygraphite bushings and they squeak like nothing I have ever heard.

I hope to be replacing them in the near future.
They do give good handling.

I will never use the polygraphite bushings in any of my moving suspension parts. Squeeking is horrible and is enough to make me not want to drive the car. I replaced all of my pieces with MOOG problem solvers and will never look back. The rubber compound of the MOOGs are much stiffer than originals but are still spongy enough to give an awesome ride quality. My car has a serious suspension set up and I still love the MOOG's.

UNGN, I'm suprised your not going to run the the Del-Alums? Have you talked with mark about those polygraphite bushings? I'm wondering if you can buy a specific grease to help the squeeking like you can with the urethane? If so, as long as they are kept up by regular maintenance of greasing with the proper grease, they are a good alternative to the higher price De-Alums.

UNGN, did you get the T going yet?

I've never had any squeaking problems with upper/lower Polygraphite bushings. Non greaseable swaybar bushings, will squeak like a dog toy, however.

I don't do too much driving in the rain or snow or cold weather so maybe that might result in squeaking. My Mustang would always squeak bad a few days after it rained.

For my 2+2 it has a metal bushing front end, but it doesn't see much of any rain though I managed to put 6000 miles on it so far with no problems and the steering feel is great.

On the T I still have the Polygraphite lower and teflon uppers in Ubi machine upper arms since I switched to B-body brakes and am going to clean up and put the old arms on my low mile GN. I'll drive the T for the first time this weekend after we finish assembling it after paint.

I had the full PST kit installed probably 8 years ago and it's been great and I've never heard any squeaking. It really stiffens up the ride, especially if you lower the car and then put on some fatties to widen up the tread.

I've never had any squeaking problems with upper/lower Polygraphite bushings. Non greaseable swaybar bushings, will squeak like a dog toy, however.

I don't do too much driving in the rain or snow or cold weather so maybe that might result in squeaking. My Mustang would always squeak bad a few days after it rained.

For my 2+2 it has a metal bushing front end, but it doesn't see much of any rain though I managed to put 6000 miles on it so far with no problems and the steering feel is great.

On the T I still have the Polygraphite lower and teflon uppers in Ubi machine upper arms since I switched to B-body brakes and am going to clean up and put the old arms on my low mile GN. I'll drive the T for the first time this weekend after we finish assembling it after paint.

Thats really awesome, please post up some pics if you can! Maybe post one on the 5658 thread? I'm just finishing up putting my white T back together too!

Thats really awesome, please post up some pics if you can! Maybe post one on the 5658 thread? I'm just finishing up putting my white T back together too!

I will post some pictures in that thread now and when we get the front bumper back from the rechromer.

I put about 50 miles on the car today and took a few on ramps very fast and the handling is great, it corners flat with no bounce, noise or rubbing, even with 255/50's up front.

My son asked me why I didn't "get the back end out on" on one on ramp. I told him we were going 75 mph. To get the "back end out", we'd have to be going 85 mph+ and I'm not that stupid.

HAHA! Yeah I'm waiting for that from my boy someday! "DAD, DO A BURNOUT!!!!!" I cant wait! Gotta love kids!

Back