Are there any 3inch MAFs out there, just need the housing

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I want to keep a stealth look to my car with the dfi but want a larger maf for better airflow. I will be gutting it. Anyone know a list of cars that have em? 3 inch or 3.5 inch would be fine!

Scott

hey i think camaros/firebirds have them ...

only on the fuel injected versions (just in case)v-6 v-8.

if i'm not mistaken they are the same size as a GN's

good luck :)

they are not compatable electronics wise.
but since he only needs the outside housing it should work out great for him.
as for the years they come on i think from 84-85 to 92 not shure.
this weekend i might be going j/y shopping if you need the housing i might be able to get it for you.
i dont think it would be more than 5 bucks plus you pay shipping U.S. postal...:D

Thanks.. I knew the premise - I'm just looking for spares for my TR> :D

Are there ANY other cars that use the same MAF as the 86/87 TRs?

Originally posted by overboostedZ-28
they are not compatable electronics wise.
but since he only needs the outside housing it should work out great for him.
as for the years they come on i think from 84-85 to 92 not shure.
this weekend i might be going j/y shopping if you need the housing i might be able to get it for you.
i dont think it would be more than 5 bucks plus you pay shipping U.S. postal...:D

If you find one, Id be glad to purchase from ya, cant find any out here, all the engines are pulled:(

SCOTT THIS WEEKEND I'LL SEE IF I CAN HOOK YOU UP

SUPER SIX ,

THE ONE ON MY CAR CAME FROM AN 86 3.8 BUICK PARK AVENUE(n/a)
IT STARTED OUT LIFE AS A 2'' MAF. BUT AFTER I CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT IT IN A 3'' EXAUST PIPE IT BECAME A GN MAF SENSOR THAT WORKS LIKE A DREAM IF YOU WANT POST UR E-MAIL AND ILL SEND U SOME PICS

Originally posted by overboostedZ-28
SCOTT THIS WEEKEND I'LL SEE IF I CAN HOOK YOU UP

SUPER SIX ,

THE ONE ON MY CAR CAME FROM AN 86 3.8 BUICK PARK AVENUE(n/a)
IT STARTED OUT LIFE AS A 2'' MAF. BUT AFTER I CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT IT IN A 3'' EXAUST PIPE IT BECAME A GN MAF SENSOR THAT WORKS LIKE A DREAM IF YOU WANT POST UR E-MAIL AND ILL SEND U SOME PICS

Hardcore! :D

Sure, I'll take a look at the pics.. I'll host 'em for you if you want.

Email: SuperSix@TampaBay.rr.com

Thanks!
Mark S.

I JUST WALKED BY ONE TODAY. IF I WANTED TO GET IT, JUNKYARD FOLKS THINK THEY REALLY GOT SOMETHIN VALUABLE THERE. LOTS OF PEOPLE KEEPIN THERE 2.8s RUNNIN STRONG. :D

I gotta pull a 109 motor tomorrow morning at the junkyard. Do you think if I leave my box home I can borrow enough tools to get it out? :confused:

I was thinking, I have a TR MAF I swapped a set of rods for that doesn't work too well, is that worth $25 to ya?

Red I beleive the stock maf is 2.5 inches correct me if im wrong. I wanted a 3 inch for a bit better air flow.

Scott

Hey red what size are the camaro ones? Are they 3.5? IF so I would like one. If they are only 3 inches also, then what the HELL AM I DOIN LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ONE. Hell, I need to find a stock gn shell then.

Scott