You can type here any text you want

Are there any good turbo Buick shops in the Kansas City area or the Columbia MO area?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Looking for a reputable shop that can take a look at my car and diagnose it.

Thanks in advance.

I doubt there's a TR specific shop in that area, but there are some knowledgeable guys around. I'd probably get ahold of quick6nkc first he's been around them awhile. Then there's the gateway club over in st louis.

Gateway is having a meeting today in STL. I will PM you a contact # as well.

I thought about calling on quick6nkc, but IIRC isn't he tied up these days.

Wished I were closer to STL, I'm over 200 miles away.

I'm over between Warrensburg and Sedalia right off of U.S. 50. My issues are the car breaks up in the upper rpms. It does this in all gears, and it seems to do it even if the wastegate is unhooked. With the wastegate on, it'll pull hard until sometime after 4400 rpm then it starts laying down, and it's done by 4800.

So far I think I have it narrowed down to either valve springs or the ignition but wanted to have a second guy with more knowledge verify, before I just start buying/throwing a bunch of parts at it.

I used to be able to trap 107-109 mph in the 1/4 mile, last time I ran it at the track it was trapping 102-103.

Not at first. It can idle and drive fine for awhile at lower rmps till the lobe where's way down. Been there done that with a car once. A quick compression check will tell you

Thanks, there should be 150 psi per cyl. right? How many revolutions during cranking do you recommend to get a good reaading?

5 cranks. Compression dosnt have to be any certain numbers you just want them within 10%-15% of each other. If you have a lobe problem it will be very noticeable. It will also show head gasket issues also

Back