You can type here any text you want

Ate an AMG

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87natl

Fade 2 Black
I've had some shaft play for a bit in my turbo, and knew it was on it's way out, but atleast we killed it in style.

I think we killed off my turbo on a run against a new AMG E 55. My friend Neil was driving my car (me in the passenger seat) on Sunday Evening, and this Mercedes lines up beside us at a light on 234. He was really eyeballing us.
Well, he jumped us a bit off the line, and Neil let my car get into second before really laying the hammer down. Of course we broke traction, pretty loudly, but with some Xmas presents still in the back and two people in the car it grabbed pretty good. We walked him down, and walked away. Don't know how fast we were going since the !@#@ speedo only goes to 85, but we whipped him pretty good. Caught him before clearing the speedometer. He hung back for a while, and we slowed down for him to catch up. He started to roll past us-AND TURNED ON HIS 4-WAY FLASHERS! I guess that was like waving the yellow flag. He didn't want any more.

Need less to say, I was shocked to research those cars and find that they run 12s! Didn't seem THAT quick, but maybe the guy couldn't drive.

The next evening when I took my car out, the smoke started, etc. So that run apparently finished killing it off. Oh well, I guess I've got a ways to go before I have $80 grand in her (Cost of the AMG).

Hey Joe L. got my turbo yet? I NEED it! My GS won't take that Mercedes if I run into him again, LOL!

White flag, riiiiight. ;)

Yeah, I didn't know HOW fast they were, I was surprised. I really wasn't that impressed that we beat him....until I read up on them. Sheesh!

The stock boys better not try 'um. That's a quick sedan.

I Hate Illinois Nazis.............Nazi mobiles that is . I just beat my buddys AMG with a supercharger kit .

Darn Mike i've been cruising 234 and Hoadly for months 0.
Limited just rebuilt my Turbo and fast turn around. Did you spray? :D :cool:

Hey Frank, Happy New Years bud.

"spraying" sounds like NOS. (These kids today..:rolleyes: ) :D

You KNOW I was spraying alky. Of course. Running 25-26 lbs of boost. It's the only way to fly. I run thru that stuff like water, so it's a good thing I have a great supply. I am ALWAYS in KILL mode anymore.

Drop by some time. I've got things to show ya.

Good kill, they are damn fast cars. They are capable of mid 12's in stock form, come from the factory with 460 hp and 510 lbs/ft of torque. I want one, I just need to dig some extra change out of the couch cushions. ;)

Peter

I am all for fast GN's as I own one but a new AMG? Meaning 2003 0r 2004. These cars do 116-117 in the quarter STOCK!! Underated at 463hp and 516 ft lbs. Supercharged beasts. They also have traction control so I doubt traction was an issue. You may have run up against a 2002 or earlier. Around 103-106 in the quarter, only 349 hp. Well whatever it was impressive kill!

mike,

did you ever stop to think that the reason the benz didn't seem fast for a supposed 12 second ride is because YOU CAR MAY BE FASTER THAN 12's?

I can't wait to line up with you! :D

You just let me get my turbo back, and we'll do it, sonny. ;)

Hope you've been tweeking. :D
C ya'!

Back