ATR roller cams

Funniest thing was when i gave Phil a NO KB sticker i bought from Conely's and he drained the toilet and stuck it to the bottom of the bowl in the office bathroom while I was there picking up parts!

Funny! Do you remember the time when Conley and Bell got after each other? A great line from Conley referring to Jim Bell's new muffler. "It can only be described as a homemade tin can". That was said in the GS-Xtra. Man those were great days. The younger guys really missed out.
Gary

YES I DO Gary !!!!!!!

My first Nats was in 92 and I smile all the time when things like that come up! We still use the old 2mph .2 tenths around here! That is when were talking paperclips no less !!!! Can't wait to go this year and see old friends!!

muffler

Wasn't that Jim about Conley's muffler, if i remember right?? I think Conley accidentally designed the first Flowmasters HAHAHA I sure hope he got a cut for that :tongue:

You may be right. I attended the Nationals 15 years in a row starting in 1990 as I recall. You will remember that the Nationals was a HUGE event. All the staging lanes filled clear to the pit area when test and tune started. Guys tearing down engines and tranny's in the motel parking lots. Another great time was the Buick, Mustang shootouts at Englishtown, N.J.. Conley, Duttweiler, Alan Witter, Ed Dorey from Kenne Bell, Bill Anderson. I can't talk about about it anymore...I'm starting to get all misty.
Gary

Wasn't that Jim about Conley's muffler, if i remember right?? I think Conley accidentally designed the first Flowmasters HAHAHA I sure hope he got a cut for that :tongue:

You are correct.

That was the MagTune Muffler.

Yeah it was Shirley! I was a wholesale dealer of ATR parts for the longest time and for the most part they had the BEST FABRICATED parts available. I know when Griffith and Bell were going at it, Phil somehow got ahold of Jim Bell's financial records/tax returns or whatever it was and printed it in ATRs newsletter telling the entire community how broke Jim Bell was and provided details! Conley and D'Allesandro used to go at too, lawrence had a yellow portable radio in Tweaked with label on it that said " still has a radio and it even works" which was a reference to Jimmy D's article describing how he had a street car as Jimmy had printed that exact quote.
Conley was one of the good guys, I sure miss the old days...

Not Sure

But I was told that a few old guys from the ATR group might be coming back into Business and starting ATR again.
But it's rumors I heard...:confused:

To damm funny !!!

DAMM Bill you made me spit my drink! I remember that and seeing it at the Nat's and even have a pic of that because it was so funny! I even have a pic of Conley's inner fender he must of had 4 or 5 different dump pipes on there it was so cut up! Conley's also used to change plugs with a wrench like top fuelers use. My good friend bought one right after the Nat's and thought he could do it the same way :eek: I guess he forgot his stock GN had a heater box and Power Master in the way :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Wouldn't that be something to get good quaility and built parts under one roof again!

Conley was a great guy. I talked to him all the time by phone. Some of those calls dragged on and on and on. Lawrence never complained and listened to you like you were his only customer. Anybody know what has become of Lawrence and Janice? BTW, Billy, after reading some of these posts, do you think my ATR cam is going to fly out of the front or the rear of the block?
Gary

I had pretty good luck with ATR and my dad and I spent a lot of money through them back in the 90s and early 2000s. I had a set of ATR headers that cracked more often than I changed the oil. They couldn't believe something like that had happened and this "was the first we have heard of our headers cracking" lol. After a lot of phonecalls and bitching they sent me another set that was jigged up better. They still cracked and sagged over time lol. Whoever the welder was for that short amount of time really needed some practice on his TIGs.

Atr

I bought alot of their parts, mainly the cat backs and double pumpers for my cars. Always had good service and never any problems. Shirley and Sherry always took care of my orders.

If you run ATR roller cam, send it to Webber and have them machine it to their front hardware set up. Its just better to have a torrington bearing on the front of the block verses a brass washer. End play is set much more accurate as well.

This kit includes everything you need to install a Hydraulic Roller Cam in your Turbo Regal. The front cover will require spot face modification which can be done at any local machine shop for aprox. $ 40 or you can send us your front cover for the modification. Valve Springs and Retainers must be selected based on Camshaft Specs.

This kit includes everything you need to install a Hydraulic Roller Cam in your Turbo Regal. The front cover will require spot face modification which can be done at any local machine shop for aprox. $ 40 or you can send us your front cover for the modification. Valve Springs and Retainers must be selected based on Camshaft Specs.

Couple of questions. Why do you need a "mod" done to your front cover and who do you represent?