ATTN: eastern PA football fans

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
can i get some info on the North Penn High School Football. I've seen them ranked as high as 3rd in the country and 12th by USA Today. My Alma mater, Pittsburgh Central Catholic, Plays them in the PIAA Class AAAA state championship this week in hershey. I was planning on attending but i have to see what the weather does.


__________________
 
I don't know much about North Penn H.S. but I remember back in '89 & '91 my high school (Bethlehem Catholic H.S.) won states both those years. '89 was the first year PA held state titles, and '91 was my senior year.:cool:

Not much help for you but here's a "bump" anyways!!:D


K.
 
Originally posted by NCTURBOS
I don't know much about North Penn H.S. but I remember back in '89 & '91 my high school (Bethlehem Catholic H.S.) won states both those years. '89 was the first year PA held state titles, and '91 was my senior year.:cool:

Not much help for you but here's a "bump" anyways!!:D


K.
PA first held States in 1988, I know cause central won the first AAAA against cedar cliff. Acording the records Bethlehem catholic won the AA state championship in 1988 and jumped up to AAA and won that in 1990. So you are off by a year. Its ok to forget minor detail in old age, :D Its says in 1990 they beat a team called Seton la salle, they are a local catholic HS in pittsburgh. From what i hear thou people say its not a true state championship cause all but one district doens't participate in States, PHILLY. Western PA are where the football factories are anyway. I couldn't begin to mention all the NFL stars that have come from WPIAL schools. The WPIAL has their own championship and the winners move on to states. All i really know about this north penn team is that they have a great RB and they have 1,600 boys grades 10-12 and central only has 682 boys 10-12, hardly a fair matchup as far as recruiting base. There are more schools in this area and i guess that results in lower enrollments. Central is all boys. in the past 7 games, 5 of them were in the state finals since 1993, Mckeesport,penn hills, woodland hills (3), north hills and upper saint clair. I think we gave up 43 points in out past 7 games.
 
actually them winning in 90 would have been your senior year, football is in september and graduation is the next may/june.
 
Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
actually them winning in 90 would have been your senior year, football is in september and graduation is the next may/june.

You beat me to this reply. :D


K.
 
Anyone have a list of hall of fame QB's from Western Pa. Unitas, Montana, Namath! Thats just a partial list. Don't know what they feed thier boy's out there, but they sure as hell can throw a damn football!!!
 
Originally posted by lager68
Anyone have a list of hall of fame QB's from Western Pa. Unitas, Montana, Namath! Thats just a partial list. Don't know what they feed thier boy's out there, but they sure as hell can throw a damn football!!!

you forgot the two from central catholic, DAN MARNIO and marc bulger. I know marc pretty well, i grew up with him. My grandfather coached Danny boy in pony league. Also, Jim Kelly, jack kemp, greorge blanda. not just QB's either, fred bilitnakov (sp?), tony dorsett, mike ditka, bill fralic, curtis martin, lavar arrington, etc etc......
 
Top