ATTN PLEASE: I think I am getting ripped off by a member here...please help..

Adrian87

I posted a wanted ad in the wanted section around the end of January or beginning of February for a front mount intercooler, guy sent payment info and good pics so I sent a MO for $650 for it, PTE FMIC, now I can't get in touch with the guy, apparently I deleted the pm's I had rec'd from him also. He changed his email address due to 'too much spam' was his reply in his latest email and that's been around a week. I have 2 addresses both in Chicago but I can't figure out his screen name on here. His email addresses are:

Ajoy Kapila <akgn50@4nc.com> and Ajoy Kapila <akgn50@caredata.biz>

I tried www.4nc.com and www.caredata.biz, called the phone numbers on the sites, one goes straight to a voicemail and the caradata.biz, (company who he says his current email provider is) is just a dummy phone answering service for that company, no contact info for the actual company.

I know he has rec'd the payment by now and I still haven't heard anything back.

If I'm wrongly accusing this guy, please forgive me, but I've been doing internet business for a long time and never had a feeling like this...it was the last thing I ever thought of from a member of this site.

Does anyone recognize the name Ajoy Kapila? I have no idea what kind of name that is.

Please help if you have any ideas.

edit: also I can't find the thread in the WTB section that I posted, I could have possibly seen him advertise his FM on another thread, I don't honestly remember if I started a thread about that or not, I know I had one in there around the same time asking about tall valve covers, and I have found it...but no threads anywhere that I posted in about a FM.

Also I have the receipt from the Post Office from the Money order, with serial number and the actual Money order receipt that you tear apart from the MO itself. I have filed a 6104 form with the post office that will track this down, but it looks like it could easily take 3 weeks or more. They weren't nearly as helpful as when I used a MO from my bank and had a problem with it. It was taken care of immediately and a stop payment was issued. How the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE does not have as much power as my bank, I have no idea.

What kind of address has a Unit number like that in it? Anyone live near this?
I have this email from him and a zip file of the pictures:

My contact info:
479-751-5961 work
abolton@siglermusic.com

HI,

You can send the MO to:
Ajoy Kapila
195 North Harbor Drive
Unit 3503
Chicago, IL 60601

I bought the IC used from a long time friend who had it listed locally. Its
been storage because my twin turbo 67 chevelle project never happened. I
ended up selling the chevelle to concentrate on the GN. I've had the IC for
about 1-1/2 years, and I've never used it. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:37 AM
To: akgn50@4nc.com
Subject: RE: Precision front mount pics

Sounds good to me, send me your address and I'll get a MO in the mail. I
think I'll just have you ship it to the guy that has my car, it's about 90
miles from here. I'll get his address this evening. Where did you get the IC

and do you know exactly when it was, or was it used? Thanks again!

>Hi, $650 shipped is fine. THe unit is in storage and I'll need a couple
>of
>days to locate a sturdy box to pack and ship. I may need to ship it in two
>boxes. Send me your shipping address. Also, I can take a money order,
>cashiers check, personal check. The PC needs to clear before I can ship.
>Thanks.
>
>Quoting Adrian Bolton <adrianbolton@hotmail.com>:
>
> > Sounds good, would you be willing to do $650 shipped to Claremore, OK?
> > You could also ship to my work address in Springdale, AR, 72764, we have

>a
> > UPS shipping station there so it would probably be pretty cheap to ship
>to
> > us.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks- adrianbolton@hotmail.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >From: "Ajoy Kapila" <akgn50@4nc.com>
> > >To: "'Adrian Bolton'" <adrianbolton@hotmail.com>
> > >Subject: RE: Precision front mount pics
> > >Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:27:44 -0600
> > >
> > >The unit is about 3 years old. There aren't any dents in the pipes.
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >From: Adrian Bolton [mailto:adrianbolton@hotmail.com]
> > >Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:27 PM
> > >To: akgn50@4nc.com
> > >Subject: RE: Precision front mount pics
> > >
> > >Hw old is in the intercooler? Are there any dents in the pipes? I'm
>very
> > >interested.
> > >

>

Im not making judgement on this guy,but if a person has screwed fellow members on this board in the past,then why is he allowed to post items for sale?I can see why people only post items on a site that gives you a chance of recouping your cash back if a deal goes sour. This kind of thing is sad!

Holy hell, I am getting ripped. Damn, I cannot believe it.

WHY THE HELL IS IS THIS GUY STILL ALLOWED TO POST FOR SALE ADS IF HES RIPPED MANY PEOPLE OFF HERE?!!?!?!?

wtf am I supposed to do now?

NEW INFO: NOT GETTING RIPPED OFF, there were some really weird coincidences going on here, but it looks like everything is cool. He finally contacted me and it does not seem to be Joe Cipolla. I apologize but I was just trying to cover my bases and I got extremely nervous after reading about all the rip offs and strange occurrances.

I don't know Ajoy Kapollas screen name because I stupidly deleted all his PM's but he is not Joe Cipolla. I have a tracking number now that shows a 48lb package going to Claremore, OK like instructed.

Adrian87 said:
NEW INFO: NOT GETTING RIPPED OFF......I don't know Ajoy screen name because I stupidly deleted all his PM's but he is not Joe Cipolla.................

Let me know when you receive the FMIC. I hope you get more use out of it than me. :smile: