You can type here any text you want

Audi A4/S4 gets wasted...

• Thread starter Thread starter JAYDUBB
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

JAYDUBB

I'll convince the owner to actually read the posts here one day...

About 2 weekends ago Im down at the local "drag and crash" watching the usual action (1000 ricers, 20 domestics... you know what I mean...) when I noticed that this blue Audi (A4 or S4, hell, I dont know!) was winning quite a few races more than it should (beating up on a Stealth, a whole lot of Hondas, a 300ZX, a C5 Vette, and a handful of DSM's).

So... I continue to watch when the Audi owner decides that he's gonna take a break from the action. He parks it, hops out, and starts running off at the mouth about how he was undefeated for the night. His buddies are riding his third leg, talking smack, and getting on my nerves. I ask him if he wants a good race. He yells out "Sure... I'll run... what kinda car?". When I tell him its a GN he says "Make sure he brings some cash!!!". Ummm... time to make a phone call...

After finally convincing my buddy to bring out the GN (which takes almost 30 minutes) he shows up with RADIALS on the car. I'm like "ummm...". The Audi boys walk over, check things out and agree to run race the GN. Mind you... the Audi is an AWD car. I tell the owner to leave soft and "carry a big stick" on the other end.

Well, after dodging the cops for 15-20 minutes... the race is on. We go down the road to the agreed race spot....

The light turns green and the Audi leaps out the hole like a dog kicked in the butt. The GN on the other hand leaves spinning quite a bit, sideways and all. I'm thinking "Uh oh... he might not catch him". Once the GN finally bites, she starts running the Audi down like a run-away Tractor-Trailer down hill!

After the race, I asked the owner of the Audi to describe what happened. He said...

"Damn that car is fast. That damn thing rides. My car is NOT stock and he came past me like I was sitting still. I was doing about 90 when he passed me! WTF? Is he spraying?" Hmmm... He sounded a little different than the way he sounded earlier. I think I saw a tear in his eye...

a4 1.8T

i dunno about that lysond. i met a guy with an A4 1.8T (audi's 4 banger turbo motor) and he just has a chip on it and it already smoked an s4. there is another guy in town with a VW bug (new one) with the same 1.8T motor with a chip, boost controler, front mount intercooler, and soon a turbo upgrade and that will net to mid 12's on DR's. for years, audi has been makin the race versions of their cars with little more than a chip that ups the boost, fuel and timing. they have a little spice, but nothing near a GN or T type. ;)

Dunno, but the S4 is a 2.7 liter V6 Twin Turbo, so I doubt that the 1.8T will give it much of a run unless it is heavily modified. Apparently the S4 can also be chipped for a big power increase. A friend has a stock six speed manual version and it hauls ass.

Back