audiowiz.. need some advise

Reaper

Pit Bitch
i would like to remove the tention bars in the truck of my GN to make room for some 6x9s that are too deep with the tention bars in. how do i go about this? can it be reversed?

right now my combo is 5.25 crystal audio components in a Q Form kick panel, 5.25 kappa's inthe door. and the 6x9s in the rear deck. i may get some 3.5s with a bass blocker for the dash but i am not sure. i have a 200W 4ch fasgate punch amp and a 200W JVC head unit. will it work?

thanks
Dathan

I really dont think so with the way that they lock in place. I did the modification primarily so I can bring the woofer ports through the rear deck which would work well for your 6 X 9s.

Its not really a big deal to do if you have access to a welder and some 1/8" steel stock. There were some earlier model Buicks that had a gas shock system that you prolly could find in a salvage yard and integrate into your Buick. Dont quote me but I think that they are found in the pre-'81 models.

As far as your components, I would just use the kick panel pods with the seperates and not worry about the doors and dash (Its a staging and imaging thing ;) ) You could see if you can find a set of shallower 6 X 9s to work in place of the deeper baskets of the 6 X 9s that you have. I hope I helped you some, let me know if I can help with anything else.

I removed the trunk bars on a Regal I used to own to fire the woofers directly into the 6x9 openings, the same as Audio Wizard. No problem getting the bars out, but I could not get them back in due to the tension that is on the bars. I agree with Audio Wizard about the dash speakers, since you have components in kick panels. HTH

Hey John!

Did you get my pic I sent you of my customers door pods? let me know. Did you want digital pics or hard copy pics of the construction process of your door pods? Your 6.5 magnets are hella huge and look alot like the RFs :eek: .

Yea, I got the pictures. The panels look great, but I haven't seen a bad set yet.
:p

As far as the pics of my panels, do which ever is easiest for you. I would just like to have some shots of the construction process that is normally seen in pics of stereo buildups.

The speakers were designed by Ray Rayfield (owner of TIPS, Gary knows him) when he was associated with Richmond Hill, the maker of Blues. He bought the company back a couple of years ago and is getting ready to start making speakers again. I like a strong upper sub-bass, lower mid-bass presence in the front end of my systems. Those speakers fit the bill. I cross them over at 60 Hz (12db x-over) and run about 200 watts per channel of Linear Power to them. In my last big stereo I had 2 pair in each door with about 300 watts per channel. With the subs turned off, my front end would out do most peoples cars with 10's for subs.:D

I'll keep a look out for pics.
Thanks,
John
6APPEAL

The more I think about it, I will take hard copy pics with my 35 MM because my digital camera does not take quality pics but I will still send you pics of the general construction process and send you the hard copies for your photo album for car shows and sound offs.

Stay tuned.....................................:)

I was pissed when my 6x9's didnt fit under the trunk bar, I had the holder and everything, I just said screw it and got some "high quality" 4x10s, hey no matter the subs block them out anyway :cool:

Hey there Audiowizard! Heheh, I mean Eddy. Can't wait for those door panels to arrive. Have you posted pics yet? Well I removed my torsion bars too to fit my 6x9 infiinity kappas and even got the 6x9 adapter kit. Did you guys get the one with the new hangers and blue plastic adapter? The hanger I dont think is big enough to get around the huge magnet, I already snapped one. Does anyone have any other adapters other than these that they use? By the way, I love the fact that the torsion bars are gone. If anyones going to try to steal my subs, they're gonna have a hell of a time holding it up. Gives em more work in less time. I'd like to see em try especially after they pop the lock hehe.

Scott

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
Hey there Audiowizard! Heheh, I mean Eddy. Can't wait for those door panels to arrive. Have you posted pics yet?

They should be at your house today or tomorrow, you can track them with the tracking # that I sent and yes I posted a link to the pic of your door pods :).

BTW, replace the white door panel fasteners with new ones, you can pic them up at your local parts store in the "HELP" section. Talk to ya this week-end.

Its in your neighborhood!

Scott,
I tracked the package for you and they said that it is on their delivery truck to be delivered to your house today!! :) Call me or e-mail me later when you receive box.