Auto Transporters - NEED ADVICE.

TriShield

Buick Turbo Elitist Pr|ck
I need to have my GN shipped across the country, and I've gotten a range of quotes to do so by various transporting companies, all under $1,000 which is pretty good.

What should I be looking for when it comes to picking a good transporter service?

I've considered driving the car to where it needs to go, but the flight back for one person, one way to South Dakota is $800. I'm also considering trailering the car myself with a fullsized truck but that would be expensive and time consuming as well...

My quotes are from the following,

www.preciouscargo.com

www.dashautoexpress.com

www.hallmycar.com

www.eagleautotransport.com

Do a search for DHauser and check out his posts on experiences with transporters. I think a couple of good names got mentioned, but also he had a really bad experience too. You get what you pay for. I think it was Southland(?) that screwed him, and there was a subcontractor involved in it. Be careful.

this company rox!

www.movinmusclecars.com

I use these guys exclusively and other TB.com members have used them as well. Ask for Don or Lisa (this is a husband/wife biz) and they are awsome to work with and deliver very personal service. They provide enclosed (single car) or open transport options, and they are almost always able to beat the prices of other companies. They go nationwide. Tell them Basam referred you. Hope this helps :)

sometimes air fare can be cheaper if a two way trip is booked with a weekend stay. You may get a a much better fare that way, just make sure one leg of the trip if the same as the one way you were planning and trash the other ticket.

I know the feeling...I bought my GN last year and it had to get from Connectcut to Texas. After research, I opted to pay a bit more (all of them make great claims). If you want some peace of mind, contact these folks. They handled everything in an organized manner with top-notch (enclosed) equipment and communicated very well. They mostly transport high dollar cars and know what they're doing. Personally, I don't think it's an area where a person should try to "save a few bucks". At least check them out.

http://www.intercitylines.com

Good luck!

Mickey