You can type here any text you want

Autometer A/F gauge hook up to FAST WB?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TS6

Is it possible to hook up one of those Autometer Air/ Fuel ratio gauges to a F.A.S.T. wide band 02 sensor? I have a knock gauge, just thought it would be cool to have as tuning aid when my laptops not in the car. Thanks

Not possible. The FAST WBO2 sensor reads off of a completely different scale than a normal O2 sensor. The FAST piece also reads true air fuel ratio where as a standard O2 is only accurate at 14.7:1 air fuel ratio. The farther richer or leaner you go the more inaccurate the sensor becomes. In other words it is usless to tune with especially if you have a FAST system. You could put another standard O2 in the exhaust somewhere and hook it up that way but then again all it is going to be good for is to watch the pretty lights change color.

there are several low cost WB O2 setups with display out there ($300).

I bought 1 of them and welded up a second bung so I can view without a laptop.

I've seen the AEM setup, which uses a standard 2-1/16" gauge and the Bosch UEGO sensor.

Which one did you use, if I can ask?

Jeff

Originally posted by TS6 thought it would be cool to have as tuning aid when my laptops not in the car.

How would you tune without the laptop?

-Bob Cunningham

Back