You can type here any text you want

AVC Dash Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1turbo6

Just installed a used avc dash (sweet) and was wondeing about the senders for oil and water. First the VDO water sender seems to use the same wire as the stock sender is this correct?
also on the oil pressure electric sender where can I get a new sender and what do I need to tie into to get it to work?
Is this still made?

The factory only had idiot lights for temp and oil psi.

i.e low oil psi the light comes on, high coolant temp the light comes on.
As far as the sendor goes if you have VDO gauges I would contact them and go from there for the appropriate rating on the sender

Your best bet is......

One place you could tie in the coolant sendor would be in the intake manifold underneath and slight to the right of the TB has a green wire going to it and that switchs sole purpose is to kick on the fan after the motor gets over a certain temp after its shutoff and is not needed. The green wire removed from the coolant switch can be tied into a switch and from the switch to ground to be a fan turn on switch so you can leave it running between runs, cool off when needed, etc.

The oil psi sendor is typically placed down on the pass side front of the motor where the oil feed to the turbo goes just place a tee in there and then add your sendor on the extra port the tee creates. This way all the idiot lights still work and everything can be placed back stock.

Just installed a used avc dash (sweet) and was wondeing about the senders for oil and water. First the VDO water sender seems to use the same wire as the stock sender is this correct?

Yes, the solid green wire. I forget which side of the coolant outlet that its on. But it's the sensor with one wire. The other sensor that is on the top of the intake manifold is for the high speed fan turn on temp sensor. You have 2 choices here:
-Cut the plastic connector off and crimp a ring terminal on
or
-Make a small adapter wire with a ring terminal on one end and a spade terminal on the other. Around 6" piece works fine.

also on the oil pressure electric sender where can I get a new sender and what do I need to tie into to get it to work?
Is this still made?

You could order the sender from Summit or Jegs. Just need to know to order the correct psi, I think the VDO gauge goes up 80 psi

When you remove the stock oil sending unit, there are three wires going to it.
-Pink w/ black tracer
-Tan
-Gray

You want to tap into the tan one.

The AVC dash has no idiot lights for the coolant and oil pressure.

Hope this helps

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

where can I get the printed film for the idiot lights? I would like to replace the security with alky. does anyone custom make these.

I cannot seem to get the oil pressure gauge to work. when I used a test light to jump it out I noticed that if the test light grounds out, the gauge will come down to zero does this sound like a bad sender? or ground somewhere, everything else works fine.

Back