You can type here any text you want

B4B Gets Its First Kill... And A Valuable Lesson

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
This was awhile ago, but on a typical rainy rain-slicked roads, a 1990 honda civic with a typical ricer driver (who happened to be somebody i knew) pulls alongside me at a redlight while I was on my way to play bingo with the old folks. He redlines his "stock" civic with green rims and a fart can to race him to the next light. WHen the light turns green he drops his clutch... im one car lenght ahead of him.... His tires are still breaking loose on the wet ground.... while im two car lenghts and the turbo is just starting to kick in, he gets to about 30mph, in a 35mph zone... 4 car lenghts ahead. At about 65 mph I hit my brakes and instantly he zooms past me, but what he didnt see was a Lakewood PD car on the opposite side... How he didnt see us... I dont know. My best guess is that my car was in a position where the 5-0 could see his car. Good Thing Our cars are quiet...

This Was On South Tacoma Way... Look it up, about 7 1/2 miles of straight road

The next kill was a cutlass supreme with a either a 307 or a 350, edelbrock carb, mallory ignition, and a couple of other mild performance goodies... This guy who is also someone I know wanted to race, little did i know his infant son was in the back seat. I was in an area of Tacoma Called hilltop, which is a very steep, ghetto, cop filled part of town. As soon as we reached the top he smashes the gas and I hammer down. We are doing about 75mph through a residentual area with people watching us race through the neighborhood, but what neither of us failed to realize was one a small hump in the road. We both hit this hump doing atleast 80mph. Luckily we were both able to maitain control of our vehicles, but he did bottom out and throw some sparkage from his tranny crossmember. IMO those frame braces kept him in control. I felt bad after the situation and karma hit me hard. I nearly rear ended a brand new cadillac STS while decelerating from our pull... put his sons life in danger, and Had I/Him/Both lost control on that hump, we could have wiped out and hit someone:redface: I dont want to put people in danger like that. Ever since that day I drive like a grandma unless I have let the car sit for awhile and want to take it for a daily gallyvant on my secret test road.

I will say the spectators cheering us on was kind of cool and encouraged us more than it should have

The morale... Save it for the track, Keep It Safe, And happy spooling;)

BTW Beat these guys while having a vacuum leak, stuck secondaries, and lots a fouled plug:eek:

Back