You can type here any text you want

Back for more! (LONG intro)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racerxrick

IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2269.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2336.JPG
IMG_2339.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2363.PNG
Back for another round of Buick fun after buying a friends GN today! I had a 87' Turbo T Limited between 98'-2001 if I recall, and yes I was on this forum. I like to mod and went through broken 200r4's more often than I could afford at the time. Ran 12.17@109 on stock injectors, intercooler and downpipe, Then juiced it with a 75 shot to 11.77@112. Then my friend Turbo Don and I built a bullet for that ran 11.17@121 but I was going broke by then ;-)

New ride: 87' GN w/49k on the odometer. Has been owned, modded and loved by my long time friend (Rick K) since 1993. He hasn't put 50 miles on it in the last 5 years and just bought a travel trailer and casually suggested he'd make me a good deal. I listened and ten days later it's at my another Turbo 6 friends shop (Turbo Don). And yes that's my low boost burnout today, had to break it in right!

Rick ran a best of 10.73@129 ten years ago and hasn't raced since. That's a full weight car (3800 w/ him in it).

Current: Built engine using stock internals, 214(?) cam, stock ported heads, stock headers, FAST system, 85(?)# injectors, lots of custom fasteners and stainless lines, turbo saver, V1 intercooler, a custom electric evap system on an RPM switch, Turbo 400 w/brake, 12 gallon fuel cell with -10 line and using the supply as a return, Aeromotive A1000 pump, pinion girdle, Wolfe Racecraft rear suspension pieces and a lot more "engineering". She came with a set of Weld Draglites and a set of GNX repro's with brand new rubber (for sale), two correct code 200r4's (one is for sale), a complete hydroboost system in the box including a Wilwood master cylinder and all the lines! Also two new window motors and the anti rattle kit plus enough parts to fill the truck bed and a small SUV!!!

NEW: He just updated the turbo with a Precision 67/68 billet impeller with external wastegate...had to put a lighter spring and back the boost knob way off...the car still needs to be tuned for the new turbo. Has just a couple hours on it.

My plans: Learn what's new with these cars, I want to go low 10's. Planning to go to a radial slick (maybe the ET Street Radial Pro or Pro Bracket radial??), want to replace the passenger car KYB's with the latest technology, pull the front swaybar, perform a quality race alignment, thinking of adding Baseline Suspension's adjustable upper control arms but then again I need to read more AND ASK QUESTIONS ON THE FORUM! She will go on the rollers for a safe and effective tune of course. Oh and I'd like to install the hydroboost system too.

I'll also do a lot of cosmetic detailing, carpet the trunk, replace headliner, etc., etc. Already ordered new emblems.

Me: Had a lot of toys over the years, currently have a supercharged 720+whp Grand Sport Corvette with a 6spd manual, I travel all over with it (leaving from Dallas to Bowling Green and then to Tail of the Dragon and home in a couple weeks in it). Only one pass down the quarter so far and ran 10.84@136 in the heat. I also have a lifted old school Cherokee (XJ) thats a toy. In the past I've had V8 Vega's and V8 Datsun Z cars, a couple wicked nitrous Nova's, a sleeper C/10 truck with a camper shell and nitrous, a fun 944 Turbo Porsche with a mondo turbo and more.

Happy to get the Buick because I miss launching balls out and having a classic! Love the rush of the turbo too.....

Last edited:
Here are a few'I really like the Limited you had. H150307_0000.jpg
150307_0000.jpg
150708_0002.jpg
140721_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Great car and combo. Can't wait to here more about this monster.
Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Back