You can type here any text you want

Back in my Ricer Days

• Thread starter Thread starter 85 TRRRR
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TRRRR

I used to drive around in an 88 Celica Alltrac. (now dead due to over-excitement, more so collecting dust in my garage) Hawaii isnt known for long straight ways. not since our H-3 opened up, holding the longest straight in the island of Oahu. But highly supervised by digital cameras every 100 yards or so. Anyways. Best thing I liked doing with my car was stop light to stop light racing. On Nimitz Hwy, doing my normal driving...on my way to meet up with some friends for the weekend. This rather nice, clean looking integra pulls up on me. It was pretty late in the evening so there were hardly any cars ahead of us. I was pretty confident that my car could take on this rice rocket of his. So i revved at him, letting at least know that my car was turbo'd, not too many people recognize the alltrac, especially mines. it had no badges just the flares. Little did I know...this guy's integra was turbo'd too. he revved back at me and I heard his blow off valve sound off. I had the upper hand though...my car's AWD.

GREEN LIGHT!!!!!!!! I had the late reaction...the integra launched off before I did. I was busy looking at what time it was. I peeled off, the car's tires lit up and made the car move sideways a little, forcing me to counter steer. I was blasting at about 75mph in a 35mph zone. soon enough I caught up to the integra...revved at him as soon as I passed him. then we were stopped at another light. this time I was more prepared. got the engine going at 5000rpm on the crossing intersections yellow. I could hear this guys engine just reving its heart out. BOOM, all wheel traction kicked his ass like he was standing still! soon after my launch i was at least 3 cars ahead of him. Again we were stopped at another light. I could tell this guy was getting pissed at me. at the stop...he started cussing at me saying things like, "what?...you think your car's bad?!!" same situation again...waited till the light turned green..this was toward the ending of the hwy merging onto the H-1 freeway..whoohoo..no lights..gung ho all the way. GREEN!!!! hooked up the tires got the car going semi-side ways and pulled away from him. I wanted to do something special just to trip the hell out of this guy. before the Hwy to Freeway merge...there's a hanging right turn. I slowed down my car a little and fainted the car to the left. Down shifted from 4th to 2nd hitting about 6500rpm and drifted the turn...slideways motion baby!!! smoking out the tires. I shot out of the turn and never looked back. I miss my ricer days.

Back