You can type here any text you want

Backpressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I've installed a couple of fittings which allow me to measure backpressure. The first is drilled and tapped right into turbo's outlet elbow. I didn't need to remove anything to install it. This will let me know the backpressure of the entire exhaust. At times, I see much as 4 psi thru the stock exhaust w/ gutted converter. When I get a chance, I want to see what I get when I unhook the exhaust right after the DP. This will tell me how bad the DP is.

The other is in the up-pipe (EGT bung), right after the O2 sensor. There I see about twice the boost pressure. But when it shifts, the backpresure drops drops about 4 psi (less rpms), but the boost stay the same. I need to hook both gauges up together and see how the react together. I presuming the pre and post backpressures will rise and fall together wth rpm's (at constant boost).

I turning into a gauge freak. I like knowing whats going on before I spend my $$$. :)

Back