You can type here any text you want

bad cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
well i started my disassemble of motor and found the number 3 exhaust lobe worn down as well as number 5 it is way lower and round than the others. this is a 204/214. does this look worn to you. it is ticking loud and setting knock sensor off at idle and has the sputtering problem also. the pushrod was slightly bent

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 285
Does anyone have a list of symtoms that a bad cam will have? I am questioning mine too.

That sucks Brian but at least now you know why you were having such issues.

klrv6, pull your driver side valve cover. Start the motoer and see if all the rockers have the same amount of travel. If one or more is not moving that much, the cam lobe is worn. GL ;)

That sucks Brian but at least now you know why you were having such issues.

klrv6, pull your driver side valve cover. Start the motoer and see if all the rockers have the same amount of travel. If one or more is not moving that much, the cam lobe is worn. GL ;)

i measured my intake lobes and they were all 1.340 and the exhaust were 1.464 but 4 exhaust lobes were around 1.310 to 1.343. this is the height. i imagine this would cause an issue. also i had copper on 3 mains and the front cam bearing the babbet was rolled over in one side of the bearing

Back