You can type here any text you want

bad day = new combo for the gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ash

Ya ever have one of those days wher you wish you had never gotten out of bed?
It was a day when my wife was realy pushing my buttons to a point where i had only two choises: Knoch her out = time in jail/bubbas love slave or simply leave the house for a while. I oped to to do the other option and that was to leave. My car needed some minor adjustments with the pushrods and the kick down cable to the tranney so i was going to take the satarn that dose 8.5 in the 1/4 mile (8.5 minutes) as i was heading out she was still yelling at me and telling me not to touch her car. FINE I WILL TAKE MY OWN DAM CAR! As i had left to go to my friends house i was so mad that i had failed to notce the pritty red lights at the end of the tac and the fact that it hadnt shifted. when i did notced it I slowed down and it shifted fine. I made it to my friends house still not knowing that any damage was done. when I had gotten home the next day I notced that the ticking sound that what I thought at the time was one of my pushrods had gotten louder. I figured that it was a stuck lifter or a bent pushrod. So I drove it into the shop. Well that ticking sound turned out to be a spun rod bearing which ment new rod barrings, new crank, new rods, new lifters, new pistons, new pistonrings, new gaskets, new oil pump, bigger hole in my wallet, new turbo, lite machine work to the block, ect... and i just had the top end rebuilt. now i guess its time to rebuild the bottem end.

I am now going from a stock bottem end with a ta 49 turbo (thats now trashed) 50 lb injectors, 2 inch hooker down pipe, cottons front mount ic, crane cam, (a big one dont have the specs for it in my head) roller lifters, stock stall converter, running 91 ca pump gas at no more then 15 lb of boost to...
pt 67 gt turbo same injectors with an alcohol injection kit, terry huston 3 inch down pipe, same ic same cam new roller lifters (the old ones probley have mettle flakes in them now), 3500 rpm stall converter, new tranny and oil coller with aluninum radaitor, still going on 91 pump gas with no more then 15 lb of boost and a few other odds and ends.
I figured that scince i was goint to pull the moter, mite as well do the mods that I wanted. The idea with going with such a large turbo for the injectors it that I will never see the full amount of horse power for the 50 lb injectors with a smaller turbo and crapy ca gas. With the bigger turbo i could get more volume = more hp with less boost with out taking the risk of blowing the moter with high boost As long as I watch the gages and egt temps I should be fine
I was just wondering what other opinions are out there on this new combo for my car

Faulty logic here!!

Ash said:
The idea with going with such a large turbo for the injectors it that I will never see the full amount of horse power for the 50 lb injectors with a smaller turbo and crapy ca gas. With the bigger turbo i could get more volume = more hp with less boost with out taking the risk of blowing the moter with high boost As long as I watch the gages and egt temps I should be fine

The ?? part of that statement is: The boost has nothing to do w/ the injector size and the "safety" of the engine.
More HP requires MORE fuel, regardless of the boost you are putting into the engine.

IE: Small turbo and 25psi makes 400HP.
Larger turbo and 19psi makes 450HP...More fuel is reguired..

Oh ya, don't forget to change the torque converter to get the BMF to spool!!

Back under my rock..:cool: :cool:

PS: get a new "old lady"!!!!:eek: :eek:

I don't know if those injectors will be enough with the 67 turbo. If you go bigger, you also might want to look at a double pumper in the near future. At 20psi boost my single 340 can't keep up.

-Banning.

Back