Bad ECM?

redhotrod

Turbo Happy
Hey guys, got a question that you all might be able to answer for me.
I just got done rebuilding my turbo on my 84 ttype. Well, everything was fine and groovy till this point. Dumb ass me didn't disconnect the battery and when I went to reinstall my turbo, I accidentally shorted out my alternator on my turbo oil line. Man, I think you could weld with all the sparks I saw. Problem 2 might be a little irrelavent but I followed Gnttypes directions on rebuilding this turbo, near the end of this article, it says torque the compressor nut to 18-20 INCH POUNDS, then an additional 90-110* DO NOT USE any sealers, the nut is self locking. BULLSH*@! As soon as I fired it up, that nut came wizzing off of there about instantly, causing some major havoc, the damn blades kissed the housings on both sides and burred up. Called Limited Engineering and they told me to use blue locktite on those threads. Well, I deburred the wheels and put it back together. So far everything is cosher exept my sensors. they all were fine before I messed with the turbo.
Occansionally, On my turbolink, my engine speed rpms drop to 0 rpms during a road test, like between 2100-2300 or any gear. Also my O2s drop to 0mv alot. Took the O2 out, inspected it, looks good, cleaned it anyway, tried it, same thing, went and bought a new one, same thing. I dunno, thinkin bad ecm.
:mad:
Also, whenever the rpms drop to 0, it kicks the knock retard WAY up, like 60* yeah 60*, then the blms go super low trying to compensate and the whole deal is F*kd up. I changed the computer chip back to stock and it runs worse even at idle. I don't get any SES light or trouble codes in turbolink. Anyone got any ideas? Sorry for the long story, but wanted to get all details in and vent a little