You can type here any text you want

Baffled valve covers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I've noticed I have oil that comes out of my Kirbans valve cover breather. I've also noticed the stock valve covers have nothing to keep oil from coming back out.

Wondering about getting a valve cover that has a baffle to keep the oil from coming out thru the breather? What are my options?

Thanks!

I've noticed I have oil that comes out of my Kirbans valve cover breather. I've also noticed the stock valve covers have nothing to keep oil from coming back out.

Wondering about getting a valve cover that has a baffle to keep the oil from coming out thru the breather? What are my options?

Thanks!
even if you get baffles you will still get oil from breathers as a result of oil vapors. best bet is to get breathers with outlet tube and run hose to a moroso catch can with a breather on top

I was using stock valve covers primarily getting oil out of the passenger side valve cover from the breather on the side. I went to using the gn1 valve covers with the breathers on the top and the oil is negligable at the most the breathers eventually will become saturated from oil vapor but not nearly as often as with the stock covers.

I have the tall valve covers made by Kenne Bell and they don't have baffles and i use to have a problem with the breathers getting oil soaked and then it would drip down on the headers.

I bought these clamp on breathers and extensions and i clamp the breathers on at the very top of the extension and i don't have that oil soaked breather problem anymore. I also use ultra black on the bottem section of the extension to seal it to the grommet,thats so under hard acceleration the breather / extension doesn't come off.

Moroso 68810 Moroso Breathers/Oil Filler Caps

Thanks for the heads up.

I bought these clamp on breathers and extensions and i clamp the breathers on at the very top of the extension and i don't have that oil soaked breather problem anymore. I also use ultra black on the bottem section of the extension to seal it to the grommet,thats so under hard acceleration the breather / extension doesn't come off.

Hey do you have a pic of what you're talking about? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey do you have a pic of what you're talking about? Thanks.

Sorry,but i don't have any pics.

The link i posted will show you the breathers and extensions though.

The grommet that comes with the breather kit that goes into the valve cover is a little long so i had to trim it off a little to shorten it so it didn't extend to far down and hit the rocker arms. Then i clamped the breather on the extension at the top of the extension to keep it up as high as possible. Then i used permatex Ultra Black sealer on the bottom of the extension were it contacted the grommet in the valve cover,i did this because with the breather clamped so high up on the extension it made it a little top heavy and would come out under heavy accleration,but that doesn't happen any more after using the Ultra Black sealer.

Back