You can type here any text you want

Balancer bolt torque spec

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodaniel

clean air 1
If the crank balancer bolt is torqued according to spec which is approximate 240 lbs.
How can this happen
1412715722348.jpg

The stock balancer is not a friction fit so that's why it needs to be 240 pounds of torque because if not it comes loose the balancer I will come right off

Something dimensionally incorrect with the lower chain sprocket?

Is it possible the bottom timing gear was on backwards? From the looks of the missing piece of key, the timing gear didn't have much bite.

Rick

The keyway isn't designed to provide any structural support although it only extended into timing gear about 3/16. I will post pic of timing gear

I had a timing sprocket last year that needed shimming but I don't think it would be so bad that the bolt would load up on the crank snout before clamping the balancer and the sprocket? Something to check for anyways

That bottom gear IS backwards. Shoulder side of the gear is suppose to be facing out.

Rick

Were you running an oil slinger? I've seen instances where if the oil slinger is left out the stack up of the lower timing gear and balancer and is shorter than the length of the crank snout. You can torque the bolt without clamping down the detail parts because the washer bottoms out on the FWD end of the crank.

Neal

Yes everything was there and installed correctly... the timing gear flopped out before I took the pic... I wanted to show the wear area

Back