You can type here any text you want

Bang and Pop to Spool?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nojug

Has anyone ever tried to spool a turbo on a turbo buick like the stick cars do, reducing timing and creating explosions in the exhaust to spool the turbo, or does it not work with a load on the motor?

I think you have to have a stick to do it.... taking out timing to dump raw fuel into the exhaust in order to spool a turbo/turbos. Most of the big boys in psca do this, along with other santioning bodies. Most have a lenco/liberty.

Yeah, but I think it's more involved than that. You don't hear automatic cars popping and banging like that.

The automatic trans puts too much of a load on the engine to free rev it enough to make it work like a stick car, the spool up programs between a manual and auto trans are the EXTREME opposite.

What do you mean I only saw one car using this method to spool in BG Billy Anderson. I think it involves taking the timing to nearly nothing and adding fuel for very loud poping and banging sounds nothing like a 2 step to me.

Thanks Billy. I just thought it would be interesting if it would work.:D

Back