You can type here any text you want

Base Model Grand National?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

happy4444

I searched around out of curiosity on the web, and had some ny ginnys at a show say my car was a converted 86 but my Vin #s match everywhere. I have an 87 GN, with zero power accessories, windows, seats, hardtop, no trunk release, no rear defroster, no door speakers, nada. Just wondering about the rarity since some have said "they never made them without power windows".

thanks fellas and happy new year :)

be assured they made them in 87 without power windows , without defrost ,without posi , without power seat , without radio without cruise ect etc , they were optional (extra cost )
about the only option they had to have with the WE2 package included bucket console so you wont see a column shift GN ,and A/C was mandatory
in the extended production run posi became standard but the price jumped accordingly

... I have an 87 GN, with zero power accessories, windows, seats, hardtop, no trunk release, no rear defroster, no door speakers, nada...

Mine is the same way. Hardtop with no power anything. The RPO codes on the trunk confirm it.

My 87 has no power anything. It does have Am/fm radio w/no tape, cruise, posi and rear defogger. Less is more in my book. No problems with electric motors burning out and less weight.

My friend has an '87 solid roof GN without power windows or driver seat (not sure about the trunk release) but has everything else. Manual (not a manual transmission) equipped cars are out there but you gotta look for them.

They had a sparsely optioned gn sold from the dealer I bought my car from. I saw it over the weekend and went to see about it on Monday but it was already gone. So I bought my we4. Also manual windows, no peer locks or seat. Does have defrost, remote pass mirror, and a posi.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back